Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

fell over ;(

2»

Replies

• Options
    Right this basically means that if you have a negative blood group (as I am) then there is a possibilty that you could be carrying a baby that has a positive blood group.

The issues with that is if you bleed during your pregnancy there is a chance that you blood can cross the placenta to the baby, this doesn't affect your current pregnancy but in response you body can create anti-bodies that could attack a future positive blood group pregnancy...

If you have bleeding then an anti-d injection is given which stops this from happening...

BUT...you only have the injection after 12 weeks, bleeding before this time does not need it, unless like me you have surgery of any sorts before 12 weeks (I had a ercp for a m/m) then you have the injection

You also have an injection around 28 weeks and one after you give birth.

Bec your less than 12 weeks (I think) so it's not an issue, also you would only have the injection if you have bled, which you haven't, so don't worry...

Your blood group will be identified when you have your tests and they will let you know if you are rehsus negative...

hope thats not to confusing

xx