Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

A shocking 12 week scan! UDATED WITH PICS!!

Replies

• wow congratulations! this is also my 3rd,got scan next week and i can imagine how shocked u feel as id be really shocked too!!great news though and im sure ul do fine xxxx
  • Wow! Congrats!
    We thought I might be having twins as my hcg was really high and I took clomid to conceive but had scan last night and there is def only the one!
    I'm a twin myself and my nan actually quit work to help Mum with us so I know how much hard work it is! Worth it though - twins are the best ('m not biased at all...!!!)

Hubby's cousin had twins recently. Natural birth. And my sis and I were natural as well.
  • MummyAmes,this time round has been different,I was sick all day not just morning like the others,I'm shattered constantly and can't stop eating! I had loads of dreams about twins which I dismissed though so maybe my body was trying to tell me! Basically,it does feel like I have double symptoms!

Trying4babym-My notes say DC/DA but I don't know what that means,they are in separate sacs though and MW said that there's still a chance they could be identical but prob not. Quite glad cos I'd love a boy and a girl!

Everyone else,thank you for your kind wishes!! You're right,I can't stop smiling and I'm very excited and a little scared! I know the MC rates drop now but is it the same with twins? Is there still a chance of something going wrong? So many questions and I have no answers!!

xx
  • That is fantastic news shocking yes but fantastic good luck xx
  • Congrats! Am so jealous! xxx
  • Congratulations hun, thats lovely!! I had a dream last night that I was having a scan and was told "twin girls" and I said no it cant be, if its twins it has to be one of each lol. My dad has a twin sister so im dying for my scan to find out!!!

Best of luck
    Lisa xxx
    12+3
  • Aw how fantastic, twins are sooo lovely xxxx
  • that's what i'm hoping for - one of each!! I'll find out next sat for definate what they are can't wait!!
    xx
  • congratulations on your twins, how exciting! xxx
  • I've woken up early today despite hubby letting me lie in because I'm soooooo hungry and yesterday feels like a dream,it can't be real! I'll try to upload the pics today,but they didn't come out very well on my phone,and the sonographer found it hard to get them both on the screen so the pics i have of them together it's a bit blurry!

K 12+4 xx
  • Yay pics can't wait!!! xxx

Cat 12 weeks
  • Wow!!!

What a nice surprise!

Congrats! image

Sharon xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/qxznp1/.png

• I apologize in advance if these come out huge! Assuming I've done it the right way round both these pics show the twins,neither very clear as she found it hard to get them both on the screen and they were wriggling! But you scan experts should be able to make it out.....

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk286/spittingfairy/scan1-1.jpg?t=1232820833

And this one should be each individual baby,they are facing each other!

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk286/spittingfairy/scan2-1.jpg?t=1232820885

• Aww, they're lovely pictures! Congratulations!
  • Brilliant pictures soooo cute xx
  • Many Congratulations, twins are special, great scan pictures !

My best friend got pregnant by accident she already has 3 lo's and hubby was booked in for the snip and yup.... twins! They were born this Monday and are just adorable, non identical girls, Lily weighed 6lb 3 and Ava 7lb 2, she had to have a section but only cause they were breech through the whole pregnancy. They were worried as to how they would manage as they have a 10yr old, 6yr old and 17mth old, but so far they are just loving it. My friend said once she got her head round it she was actually really excited.

Enjoy your pregnancy x
  • Wow those pictures are amazing, I have never seen a scan with twins before!

Congratulations!!
  • Congratulations! xxxxx
  • it's like a flash back hun! Those pics are just like my first scan pics - two little bubs in two little sacs! Congrats and lovely pics

xx

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/24/2403/240339.png

• Just a quickie. Didn????t want to read and run. Many congrats. I had twins- they were in two sacs but shared a placenta so they were ID. It????s the placenta that tells you whether they????re ID or not- if they share one- they are. I had mine naturally put at 28 wks 4 days. Good Luck and rest lots. xx