Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

pram/car advice needed

hi

planning to buy a new car, does anyone know which cars will fit a silver cross linear freeway in the boot?

thanx

Replies

• i cant help you but thought the question was funny! only a pregnant woman would choose a car for thousands on the basis that a pram for hundreds would fit in the boot!

lol.
  • heehee! just realised how daft that actually is,

technically not preggars anymore, my baby is 2 weeks old - so does that just mean i've actually slightly lost my marbles? lol! x
  • hi babymama

I have a silver cross sleepover on linear chassis and a VW Golf and it fits in perfectly in the boot. As linear freeway is smaller than sleepover I think you shouldnt find it too hard to find a boot big enough!

But I know silver cross are bulkier than most.

xxx
  • i read on here somewhere (cant remember who sorry) someone has put on their birth plan to get their brain back! lol. when i was looking at new cars last time i was checking out the boots for pram space too and i wasnt even poregnant or even ttc!!
  • Our civic is massive, my pram is huge too and fits with space to spare.

xxxx
  • Why not take the pushchair with you when looking at what car you want? I did that with my first child and found t useful because it's surprising what little room some cars leave for shopping etc.
  • my SIL gets her Silver Cross 3D in her Honda Jazz which has a fairly small boot x
  • I had a Linear Freeway for my son - we needed a new car so looked up the dimensions of the pushchair then went to a car supermarket armed with a tape measure! It is a pretty big pram actually - we went for a VW Golf, and it fits in the boot but fills it. Our other options (based on that the buggy fit!) were a Ford Focus or the Honda Civic - I think I've squeezed it into my mum's Honda Jazz but can't swear too it. Obviously it'd probably fit into bigger cars too, we only checked the sort of size of car we were looking at.

Oh, but it didn't fit in the Audi A4 - the boot is big but square, and it wouldn't fit!