Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Antenatal classes is this correct?

Hi Girls

I have just called to book into my antenatal classes and have been told they only do early afternoon appointments? is this the case everywhere? My husband really wanted to come but he works 1.5 hours away so for him to go to classes at 1.00 there would be hardly any point him going to work and we cant afford for him to have 4 whole days off in a month. x

Replies

• Options
    That sounds a shame - they should be accessible to everyone. Ours are either in the evenings or a one day course on a Sat which we have plumped for. Hope you get sorted.
    Helen
  • Options
    ours are 6pm, we weren't given an option of times but some places offer afternoon or evening.
  • Options
    We just got given our days and times by our MW who booked us in. The first two were 1.5 hours each and started at 7.30pm for both partners. The 2nd two are early afternoon but were just for mums only. x
  • Options
    I haven't done them this pregnancy but last time around they were just on a Monday morning for 4 weeks. No time choices - might be worth looking at providers other than the NHS if you want your oh to be able to be involved NCT for instance?!
  • Options
    I've heard that in some areas they only offer daytime sessions, which I think is completely ridiculous! You could try asking your midwife again, to see if there are any other sessions in other areas around where you live perhaps?
    The only other thing I would suggest, like MaxiMum+1, is looking into NCT classes. We did both NHS & NCT, so we got local specific info. regards the hospital etc. but we found the NCT ones more thorough & enjoyable. (The NHS ones were on weekday evenings & NCT were on Saturdays)
    Anna x
    40+4

[Modified by: 7banana7 on June 29, 2010 12:51 PM]

• Options
    thats crazy! we got evening ones starting at 7 and i booked em myself.

I'd ring and check xxx