Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pulled diaphram muscle

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had experienced a pulled diaphram muscle due to excessive vomiting because of morning sickness? I have severely pulled mine and now it hurts to move suddenly, cough, laugh, sneeze and vomit. i must admit I have been vomiting less but only because the pain is so bad when I do that I have to try and stop myself. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm seeing MW today for my scan so will mention it to her but would put my mind at rest to know I am not the only one!

thanks, V

Replies

• Options
    Not due to vomiting but I have experienced a pulled muscle in my chest and it was the worst pain ever.
    I was in A&E three times and had ECG's, blood tests for clots and x-rays and I couldn't believe it when they said it was muscle strain!
    I was put on very strong painkillers and anti-inflammatories and told to rest but with you being pregnant I'm not sure what they would be able to give you.
    Just keep moving about but rest if you know what I mean!!

Hope it goes away soon

Lulu
    13+4
  • Options
    Hi Lulu,

Thanks for replying. Not being able to take anything for it is a nightmare but am hoping MW can help later today. i cannot believe how painful it is - just be careful when retching is all I say to fellow ms sufferers. Now I am 12 wks I am hoping it will stop soon... fingers crossed.