Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

i think ive lost my baby

i woz about 7-8 weeks and yesterday i started 2 bleed and then have really bad pains, ive not yet had the baby come out? i dont understand whats happening but wen i talked to nhs direct they sed i got to let natural takes it way? what am i to expect 2 come?
im soooo upset coz i woz on this forums moanin that i wanted a boy really badly coz i have 2 girls and now this has happened i feel so shit! and the worst thing is is it woz my 23rd birthday wen all the pain started!!! GR8 BIRTHDAY! ........i dunno wat 2 do or expect wats goin 2 happen as im in pain occasionally but then im ok but im bleeding? has anyone experienced a miscarage and wat am i expected 2 come?
x:\?

Replies

• Oh I'm so sorry, I hope it's not a miscarriage, I have no experience in this so cannot offer advice, just my best wishes that things turn out well for you. xx Michelle
  • Oh no I hope you are wrong and everything is ok. I would go to the doctors tomorrow, ignore NHS direct they are so insensitive xx
  • Hello, i am so sorry for what you are feeling, thinking, going through. My first pregnancy ended in mc when i was 7 weeks, i started to bleed, didn't have constant pain, but did have the odd stabbing pain. I went to the docs and she gave me an internal, and said that my cervix was still closed, so gave me hope, but the next day when i went to hospital for a scan, my baby had gone. TMI to ask, i know, but, are you losing much blood, and what colour is it?

On the positive though, alot of women bleed and go on to have perfectly healthy babies.

Keep yourself positive and go and see your GP tomorrow.

I'll keep everything crossed for you. x x x
  • no im not losing alot of blood now... i was yesterday alot more then spotting(as they say) and i had really bad shootin pains for hours, and all thru nite wen i was sleeping, but 2day (sry if this detail) but is brown blood now with a few tiny clots? really small bits tho? i know i havent had the worst of it and i know the baby def hasnt come out yet but i do know the pain i had the baby is def not alive. i just dont no wat 2 do and even if i go docs they just send me away and i end up lettin nature do it,im just worried as i dont no wen it will happen(come out)!
  • Hi l havent had any exp of this but didnt want to r and r. If l was u l would go to my gp and demand to be booked in for a scan. I have heard of ppl having implantation bleeding and pain and went on and had healthy pregnancies but l wld defo go n c my doc xx
  • You will be pleased to know, that this sounds nothing like my mc. I was bleeding constantly, infact, for a while after i'd lost my baby too, and the loss was really red. I wouldn't be so negative, keep positive,(easier said than done, i know) but like i say, many women bleed and have healthy babies, there's obviously lots of changes going on in your tum right now and things growing, the pains could all be part of pregnancy. Keep us posted. x x x
  • I just want to wish you loads of luck and am sending a great big cuddle your way...

Take care sweetheart, I hope everything turns out okay for you and this is not what it seems...x
  • i had spotting at 8 weeks and thought the worst since i have already experienced a mc in Dec at 6 weeks but after a scan all was well with baby. She was spot on size for dates and there was no signs of where the bleeding was coming from. The only explanation i got was cevical erosion which is cell changes and a sensitive cervix which can cause bleeding. I had a very heavy bleed at 12 weeks when i passed a large clot which i thought was baby but after an internal and another scan there was my wee girl bouncing around the screen. I must say i didn't experience any pain during both bleeding episodes. I am now 27 weeks (tomorrow) and have had no more problems (fingers crossed!)

I would contact you early pregnancy unit asap and they should see you straight away and may scan you, at least they could check if your cevix is still closed which would give you an indication of whats going on.

Good luck and hope all is well!

xxx
  • ok well thank u 4 all yr reply's... after i come bk from docs i keep u posted,thnx.xxxx
  • thank u twonklemum, u just mad me cry lol .....im bit emotional...lol
  • cant u get intouch with ur nearest maternity hospital, because if u are in that much pain surely they will check things over! i really hope every thing is ok!! xx
  • I would ask for a scan so that you can be sure what has happened. I had light bleeding and at about 10 weeks and 13 weeks and told my mw who sent me straight to hospital for a scan. Everything turned out to be okay.
    Best wishes to you.
    39+1
  • i lost a baby in early january after i got thrown to the floor and hit by a drunk guy who was in the pub i worked in...and the next day i sufferd bleeding and severe stomach pains and was told i was having a miscarriage...hopefully u are not going threw the same thing and go straight to the hospital with any bleeding or pains in early pregnancy!!! hope everythings ok! xXx
  • You have a good cry if you need to sweetie.

My sister-in-law had a mc a few years ago and I remember how distressing it was for her.

As we've said, nothing has been confirmed yet, but it is completely natural to be frightened and unsure.

You're not alone in this and I just wish you all the luck in the world...x
  • i have just got bk from hospital, had an internal scan, and they found a tiny baby with a HEARTBEAT!! its alive and is well... but i have a cyst on my ovary and they r worried it may get bigger and cause baby 2 pass away...but im optermistic and im just sooooo happy he/she is still alive ! i just have 2 see how it goes.....xxxxxxx
  • hi im so glad all is looking well. hopefully they will keep a closer eye on you now.

all the best becsxx 35+3wks
  • That is good news. Sounds like you and baby may have a bit of an uphill challenge but ,like you say, you must be optimistic. I'm glad everything is okay. Best wishes to you and tiny baby.
    39+2
  • Thats fab news! Im really happy for u xxx All the best xx
  • So happy for you - hopefully they will keep an eye on your condition and do everything they can for you and your baby, best of luck xxx
  • That's fantastic news...now you've made me fill up!!! image

Try not to let the cyst on your ovary concern you. I had a cyst on my ovary that was spotted at my 12wk scan and was told they'd keep an eye on it.

The sonographer could not see it at my 20wk scan and it doesn't appear to have caused any problems. I just have to have a scan sometime after baby is born to make sure it has gone.

I'm so pleased you're okay and you've managed to put a smile on my miserable face (long story but I'm overdue). image

Take care of yourself and your little baby...x