Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

I cant stop itching my arms and legs

Hope you are all well.

God I could tear myself to ribbons my arms and legs are itching like crazy this has only been happening since I became Pregnant.

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do about it please advise before I run out of skin.

Love

Lisa

Replies

• hmm, maybe your pregnancy has triggered a skin condition. pregnancys can do wonderful things like that, try an emollient cream with an anti itch such as E45. Maybe you have become alergic to something in your diet due to your pregnancy, that happened to me and the culprit was chilli.
    Make a note of what you are eating to see if it gets worse after certain foods. also you havent changed your washing powder have you?
  • Make an appointment with your midwife or doctor as it could be something serious { there is a serious liver condition that can cause this but it is very rare} but in meantime try using unscented bath products andanything that may be likely to give you a reaction.
  • Hi Toni

Thanks for your reply you might be right you know I haven't changed my washing powder or anything like that so it could be a food or drink thing.
    My tastes have definatley changed thats for sure.

Love

Lx
  • Hi Anita

I will take both yours and Toni's advise and speak to the midwife.

Thanks Ladies

Lx
  • Hi,

I am 14 weeks with my 2nd and exactly the same doctor said to try aqueous cream which you can get at boots. It is only been bad for the last week and a half but it is driving me mad too!!! Please let me know what your doctor says??? Thanks xx
  • I only seem to get this now and again but mainly on my legs. I think it's something to do with the extra blood pumping round the body......
  • My arms and legs itched like crazy for about 3 weeks and it's just suddenly stopped. Wierd. (i'm 19 weeks)