Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feeling down whilst pregnant

I am due to have my first little baby in April, I was quite sick for the first couple of months but by 15 weeks I felt better, I'm not 22 weeks and I'm starting to feel a lot worse, I am sick and tired and it's stoping me from working and having a good relationship with those around me, i am feeling a sort of resentment for my little girl because of how sick I am. Is this normal? how do I help myself 

Replies

• Hi ..I'm 7 weeks and feeling absolutely rubbish, tired,exhausted can barely dress myself because I'm soooo tired. I'm hoping I get passed this. I've found reading positive self help books have helped me look at things better. Also maybe try have some bonding time with your bump and buy some nice pampering creams to massage and talk to your baby bump. I'm thinking of starting to write a journal too.

I hope things get better x 

• Hi Firsttimemum2017,

Lots of things can make you feel that way during pregnancy - dehydration (are you drinking plenty of water), anaemia  (are you getting enough iron & folic acid), gestational diabetes  (high or low sugar levels), blood pressure  (too high or low)...

Speak to your midwife about your symptoms, most of these are fairly simple to fix. X