Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Breast feeding in public -Supporting ideas!!

2»

Replies

• Hi.
    i'm on ttc forum but saw this on the homepage and had to comment.

When I had my son 10 years ago I chose to breast feed. I also decided that no matter where I was if he needed feeding then he would get what he wanted.
    I've fed him walking round the natural history museum, at legoland, chessington, local shops. I never encountered any problems from anyone. you do get the occaisional bloke having a good eyeful but as they are simple beings they are to be pitied.
    I think that if you are going to breast feed you should be proud of that choice, lets face it if anyone has a problem with doing what nature intended then they are very pathetic individuals and should not be given a seconds thought.
    Good luck to everyone hope you all have happy, healthy babies.

LONG LIVE THE BREAST!!

I'll leave you all in peace now:lol:
    x

• I love your LONG LIVE THE BREAST !!

[Modified by: melanie M on February 16, 2008 10:08 PM]
  • I just want to say i think this thread is great! I am due in June and definatly want to try breastfeeding. I don't understand how people have such a negative attitude towards it.
    All of your messages have been really positive and informative and have only re-afirmed for me why i want to do it so much! And I love the idea of stealing someones plate in a cafe!! haha!
    thanks a lot ladies, this is eactly what this site is here to do!!
    Lis x
  • Hello ladies

I had strong feelings about this even before I got pregnant so I'm a little worried that I might turn into a dragon if I have some of the experiences you ladies have had! :lol: (pity to poor soul who asks me to stop!) :lol:

I hope to breastfeed my baby but I'm just going to see how things go and try not to put myself under too much pressure (easier said than done). But even before I was pregnant I had very strong beliefs that it is a women's right to breastfeed in public - it's nature and there's nothing wrong with it! I can imagine I might be a bit shy when it comes down to it and I might even feel uncomfortable in public. But this doesn't change the fact that it would be my right to feed my baby and I won't be shunted into a toilet whilst I do it!!!

My dad has reasonably strong feelings the other way and I remember once arguing with him about this in the past, many years before becoming pregnant or planning for children. So it will be 'interesting' to see what happens in 8 months time! :lol:

Apologies in advance if I've expressed my feelings too strongly - I get really hot under the collar about this and imagine this feeling will only get stronger as time goes on! Maybe I should rename myself as 'crazymama' :lol: