Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

When To Use A Home Doppler?

Hi ladies,

I have bought a home doppler test and dyyying to use it but would like your thoughts on it first.. my first and most important is: at how many weeks can you use the home doppler to hear the heartbeat? Im currently 16 1/2 weeks... 

Thanks

Emma xx 😊😊

Replies

• Options

Hi Emma Iv been looking into it myself and everywhere Iv read it says people at 12 weeks pick up a heart beat! 

give it a go and let us now which one you bought as I'm still yet to buy mine. 

Clo xx

• Options

I first heard my baby's heart beat at my midwife appointment and I was 17 weeks then I bought my own don't panic if you cant find it straight away sometimes it took  ages to find it but now I'm nearly 22 weeks I find it straight away it's the best sound ever 😍 

• Options

Thanks Emma my midwife appoitment is not till 4th of January due to christmas and new year and i just cant wait! Lol ill use it i between christmas and new year and see what I get x and Chloe I'l let you know x 

• Options

There amazing especially with my placenta been at the front sometimes I don't feel him as much as other days so it's really good just for some reassurance 😊

• Options

Hi Emma,

I have heard mine consistently since I was only 9 weeks probably my LO must be in a good position. Anyways have a look on youtube so you can tell the difference between your heartbeat the placenta and the babys heartbeat and give it a go it is really great. 

Try not just moving side to side and up and down but try pressing in a bit and holding the doppler at different angles, thats usually how i find mine.

Good luck!! :)