Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How much !!!!!!

Afternoon ladies and bumps

iv ust been for a growth scan and i cant belive that our little one (not so little)is 5lbs 2oz already at 32 + 5.
i was just wondering if anybody knows how much theres weighs .
thanks
xxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    Hello,

That is big!! I had mine measured at 29+1 on Sat and it was 3lb 4 oz so think I will be joining you in the big baby club!! xx
  • Options
    Fizz,
    That does sound a good size, but don't fret.
    Apparently the ultra sound can be up to 25% out.
    Also, most babies gain 0.5 lb every week from now til birth, which will make yours 8lb 9 at 40w. Which is a good size but not huge.

• Options
    omg what how the hell am i gonna get that out lol.my d/d was 6lbs 14oz its soo strang how pregnancy are sooo different x
  • Options
    That is about the same as mine. My last growth scan was at 32+3 and he was estimated to be 5lb 6oz then! I have another growth scan this Friday so god knows how big he'll be then!! He does seem to be growing at a normal rate, just big image Secretly hoping he might come a bit early to spare me, but he's not yet engaged (34 weeks today) so not holding out much hope. 37 weeks would be good for me though image
  • Options
    at least am not the only big baby momma am not getting re scaned till 38 weeks !!!!!!!!!!
    But if shes still big then they said they would book me in for section as am only 5ft 1 and iv had a previous section sooo bring on the carrott sticks x
  • Options
    hi my 2nd ds woz born at 31 weeks and woz 4lb 12oz and woz the biggest baby on scbu!! bless him! im 26 week now and am having a growth scan in 4 week coz the bubs feels big already!!argh!
    luv clare
    26+2
  • Options
    my baby weighed about 7lb 20z at my last growth scan which was 37 weeks they expect your lo to put on anything upto half a pound a week till birth i am hoping i dont go much longer my dd was only 6lb last time round!!!!!!! ekkkkkkkkkkkk
  • Options
    wow that is big lmao i dont envy u pushing baby out wen term lol my baby is nearly 4 pound now and im nearly 33 weeks xxx
  • Options
    dont worry too much. when I had a growth scan with my first pregnancy they said that my daughter would be at least 10lb when born - she was 7ob 15oz. They could of course be wrong the other way. My friend was told that her baby would only be around 6lb at birth when it come out at almost 10lb!

they are never that accurate so I wouldnt worry. At least if for some reason your baby comes early, at least its already a healthy size!