Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sudden third trimester sickness??

My third trimester just began and all my morning sickness came back but only twice as bad. It was only around for the first trimester then went away, and it was tolerable then. Now it's unbearable and I can't even get out of bed in the morning. I have no idea what to do to help it. There's awful stomach pains that happen with it too. I don't understand why it's happening or what to do about it and when I mention it to my o.b she tells me to drink water in the morning and do stretches which has so far only made it worse

Replies

• Options

Yep, sickness in the final trimester can be just as common as with the first. Do ensure that you are drinking plenty to replace the lost hydration, sucking ice can help also. The gentle stretches are better for cramps & aches rather than sickness. 

With your 28wks check you should have bloods to check for iron levels, you may also be offered a glucose tolerance test. The results of these & any subsequent treatment can sometimes help ease sickness too