Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can't sleep!

I'm writing this in tears at 04:30am. I think throughout my pregnancy I've managed to sleep a maximum of 3 hours each night.

I cannot get comfortable. I've already taken different advice with trying out different pillows (and I've tried every position humanly possible) but had no success. I can't lay on my side full stop. No matter which side I lay on I feel sick, my belly hurts, back hurts, hips/pelvis hurt, boobs hurt & my arms go numb. I'm 25 weeks pregnant and so far in pregnancy I've only managed to sleep on my back with a pillow tilting me to one side. But now even that is giving me awful pains and making me feel dizzy. I've even tried sitting up/propping myself up with pillows and sleeping on the sofa and had no success with either.

I've not slept in 48 hours and I am ridiculously desperate for some angel to give me an answer on how the hell I'm supposed to sleep?! Never felt so let down by my own body in my entire life!

Replies

• Try changing your mattress to a memory foam or orthapedic one. Also you could try visiting a licensed chiropractor. Tell them you are pregnant and are getting pains everywhere. Your spine and nerves might be out of alignment or you may have other muscle problems. They might be able to help.

• Memory foam mattress is good idea. Also  think about a "U-pillow". It's a giant U shaped pillow meant to eliminate the need for body pillows (here cozzy review).   Ive been the same for about 6 weeks now and its horrible. I'm desperate for baby to come because I think I'll actually have more sleep then! I've found that if I exhaust myself during the day, long walks cleaning up etc then I will sleep. Also, I sleep much better if I have a hot bath with a few drops of lavender oil in it then when I get out get straight into bed with that pillow. Hope you find something that works for you