Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Stretch marks

I'm 14 weeks pregnant today and i can already notice my bump growing. Anyone recommend the best creams etc for stretch marks ??? 

Replies

• would love to hear anyones advice on this also. I'm 12 weeks and really want to avoid streth marks if possible

• Hi both

If I'm honest I think you'll either get them or you won't...I have religiously used palmers cream and bio oil both of with others swear by and yet I have still got horrendous stretch marks! I am just hoping that by using them it will help them to fade and recover better after! 

I must say, now I'm nearing the end of pregnancy the marks I have got are looking less angry and already showing signs of fading so it does make me hopeful for afterwards. 

Id probably still say use something but as I said I think you will either get them or not. 

for reference...i have quite a pale complexion and have always said the Irish genes won out for my skin...have always burnt easily in the sun etc. 

xx

• thanks for that Millp. am hoping I'm not the same with the irish genes and burning easily lol. I've my fx that yours fade pretty quick

do you know if there is specific mosturisers you have to avoid?

• Not sure about what to avoid to be honest. Maybe check with beu? She said her mum was qualified for pregnancy massage etc didn't she? Hopefully she'll be able to help :-) xx

• oh she did too, thanks for that, might drop her a mail so xx

• I used 'Burt bees belly butter' on my tummy, boobs, bum & thighs (anywhere I thought would be expanding!) every day (straight out of the shower) from 10 weeks... kept my skin lovely & soft & didn't get a single stretch mark. i really think it was the cream that made the difference as I do have some old stretch marks from when I grew quickly as a teenager so I know I'm not just a person who doesn't get them. 

• oh thanks for that SW2 will keep on eye out for it

• I've been using Bio Oil throughout my pregnancy (im 32weeks tomorrow) and dove moisturiser now and again. So far i only have a couple of small stretch marks but as MillP said i think no matter what you use you will either get them or not but using something will help to reduce them after baby is born :) My midwife also told me that drinking lots of water throughout the pregnancy helps for some reason, so i literally drink 2 litres of water a day. xx

• Bio oil is fantastic also stretch mark or acne cream is also good as reduces redness etc. Worked for me i had none.

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.