Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sad story but sharing incase it could help someome

2»

Replies

• I came to read this topic to see what the fiss was about and was disappointed that it has been removed..

I personally would have like to have made my own judgemet on this subject, and seeing the title of this post I would have expected the outcome not to be good but would like to have been made aware

Good on you tigerfeet for whatever it is you put maybe you should bring the story back

• well said joanne, totally agree. your post made brought tears to my eyes, thank you for sharing your story xxx
  • I agree Joanne83!
    I was more angry with the other post, bit confused as to when all this happened as i must have been oblivous to it until tigerfeet posted in the march forum to say she would be leaving the site!! How wrong that by simply trying to raise awareness she now feels she has to leave!
    The world isnt sugercoated everyone! image x
  • hi i posted an almost exact same story about 5 months ago and no one said anything to me (i think my story is somewhere on this thread) and i had positive response and support at the time. again it also highlighted the movement issue at the end of pregnancy as my freind had something like this. it is sad yes and its not nice to read but its a support forum like you say and people need support for different reasons. xxxx
  • We all have freedom of speech and people should be able to write their stories without the backlash from others if you dont like dont read the title spelt out the topic.

All this cattyness will put new members off posting x x x

[Modified by: woodssarah on November 10, 2007 07:30 PM]
  • My story re this topic had a happy ending (see re:tigerfeetsadstory) its sumwhere on here. Although it was a sad story its important to highlight that things like that need to be checked out. So sorry tigerfeet feels she has to leave, people will make their own choices as to wat to read and wat to take notice of so I dnt see wat the problem is, i think its rite us pregnant women shud b aware of different dangers. K x
  • Tigerfeet - don't be leaving this site - it seems you have the support of everyone on this site - and I can definitly speak for the March Mums in saying we want you to stay on the site. This is a forum for expression of oppinion. Compare the amount of support posts you got to the 1 or 2 negative posts.

Allison xxx
  • Tigerfeet, there is no way you should leave the site.

So for those who are complaining about it - why did you read it????

I have been diagnosed as having OC and after I had my steroid injections to mature baby's lungs at 34+3 and 34+4 I felt very little movement and was really concerned - I was still getting 10 a day but my baby has always been very, very active. I found out that the steroids will reduce the baby's movements for the days after the injections - so I was relieved to find that out...but I had to look for that info myself and then get the hospital to confirm it. This forum is a superb place for sharing information and long may it continue to do so.

Joanne - you are a star mummy, havn't chatted to you for a while and I hope your mil is behaving herself.

Things do happen in pregnancy and I have to admit that I sailed through my last 2 pregnancies with no feelings of paranoia, even though I had pre eclampsia twice and was induced both times. However I am nearly 41, had a mc back in Jan and am absolutely petrified of something happening to my baby girl. Thankfully I am 37 weeks on Tuesday and should be induced fairly soon.

I love this site, it offers a great network of support and to be honest anyone who cannot truly value that and understand that sometimes sad stories are important, should log off for good.

Cally.xxx
  • As a very long time member I am very disapointed to see the way some people have reacted to this thread. It is upsetting but then so are lots of other stories that are posted on here everyday. Tigerfeet was right to put it up to warn people of a possible complication, and I think that people who say that she is causing worry about something that can't be changed are missing the point. Whilst it is possibly true that if the baby has been starved of oxygen there is nothing the doctors can do this situation can also kill the mother. My sister-in-law had a problem with her placenta coming away and starving the baby of oxygen which could have killed both of them. Fortunately for her it happened while she was in hospital being induced and so they were able to rush her straight to theatre and both she and baby were fine. Knowing what to look out for could save your life even if not your babies.

Please don't go Tigerfeet, hold your head up and ignore the idiots, you were only trying to help and the vast majority of us are grateful to you for passing on the story.
    Kerry
  • After being stalked on facebook by a march mum, I have come back.

I would like to thank everyone for their support on this thread and all your comments moved me to tears. I apologise for taking the story off, but have added it back on now.. with big red writing at the beginning adviseing not to read if easily offended... hopefully that will make people realise it is a sad story even if the title dont...

I wasnt going to come back its all thanks to Dee Dee.. I just felt really hormal, probably like most of you, and felt that if everything had to be all fine and dandy I didnt want anything to do with it.

Thanks again for all your support and hope we can all calm down abit now :\)

x x x x x
  • im glad its been put back on, as i didnt see it b4. its awful. i have a friend who has just lost a baby in simliar circumstances. dont leave the site just because some people live in nursery rhyme land where everything is happy and lovely. real life is tough and horrible, but we dont sit at home and hideaway from it - cos you cant!!!
  • whoop whoop!!! welcome back tigerfeet!!!! xx
  • Oh god this story is so sad, My heart goes out to each and everyone of those affected by the same situation. I can only pray to god that my little one is fine x
  • Good to see you back tigerfeet, you put enough warning on the post title, i read it and will admit my first thought was of horror which was very quickly followed by concern adn sympathy for the person involved.

At the end of the day this must be a very rare occurence but it does happen and i hadn't really ever thought about erratic movements being as worrying as no movement but all the books say any change in movements should be checked out.

In the last 6wks i personnally know 2 women who have had their babies at 34wks after placental abruption, one of which had been leaking fluid for 2wks which wasn't picked up by mw even though she told them about it, both ladies are lucky that everything is ok. SHould i now panic about placental abruption and stress or listen to what happened to them, take it on board and know that, yes it's something that could happen, but don't worry until it does? I know what i've done, hence i'm not stressing.

We all have stories which might not be wonderful to hear in pregnancy but if it has alerted just one mum-to-be to something then fair play. Sorry if my opinion offends anyone, but thank you tigerfeet, cos you have made me think, like missnatasha i just hope my lo is ok and makes it into life on the outside safely.
    Obi
    35+0