Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

showing in 2nd pregnancy

I am 7 weeks today and I already feel huge! :lol:

This is my 2nd pg. My dd is nearly 2. I am a size 14/16 so am not really thin - esp round the belly area. Also not sure if it's just over-indulging these last few days (thanks to all the people who bought me choccies when I tell them not too)! But my belly seems to have inflated and the bottom half does feel a little harder than normal. Surely though it's much too early to be showing any sign of a bump? I only had a small bump with 1st pg and did not show for ages then. OH keeps joking that it's twins image..........!!

Anyone else on their 2nd + and feel/look big?

Replies

• CCB I am 10+6 and have a proper little bump which has to be disguised with loose tops and has already given the game away with most of our friends.

I didn't show until about 5 months with Neve but MW says that second pregnancies always show early because our stomach muscles stretch with the first and our bodies remember what to do.
  • At least I have the excuse that I'm pg then and not just fat after Xmas lol!!!! x

At this rate I'll be in maternity clothes in a few weeks. Jeans are bad enough now.
  • Hi there

I was wondering the other day where you were??!!! Hope you all had a lovely Christmas!

I am 10 and a bit weeks now and have been showing since 6 weeks NO JOKE! It was really hard hiding it at work under baggy things that were not really baggy any more as no one knew. Luckily I have been off work since 18th and not back till 4th jan which is also my scan date so I can tell people then becuase I am now HUGE - like I was at about 20 weeks last time - with a very definite BUMP!!! I had to tell some friends when we went out for dinner on 23rd even though we didn't want to yet becuase it was so obvious - even then when I stood up and people saw the bump they all said I couldn't possibly be only 10 weeks I must be further on. We have had plenty of twin comments but my midwife assures me it is just second pregnancies!!!

Hope all goes well for you! image
  • Hi, yes been in my due in August forum mainly and not had as much time to get on BE. Plus also don't want to jinx anything which sounds daft I know.

Better shave my legs etc soon then cos I wont see my feet soon lol! x
  • Hi!!! I'm 10 weeks now and am def showing and have been for a good few weeks!! Just feel as if I look fat and I am a similar size to you. Hoping my fat lump turns into a lovely bump soon!
  • Yeah, the inbetween stage where you can tell people daren't ask if you are pg in case you say "no!" in an offended way lol!
  • i've been wondering this too...i'm hoping to keep secret til my wedding, i'll be 16 weeks then...do u think this will be possible? i'm quite big (size 20) so hoping to have a little bump tucked away? i didn't show til nearly 30 weeks last time :\?
  • I'm 14+5 with no2 and I don't think I'm showing yet - my jeans are really tight (I've given up on them in favour of comfort over Christmas) and my middle is definitely expanding, but other people have said they can't tell yet - I do seem to bloat in the evenings though! I'm normally a size 10.

You might get away with it til 16 weeks mrsjbourne, but you may not - it seems everyone's different!

I can't wait to have a bump - think I started showing about 16 weeks with no1.