Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Blankets - what kind, cellular, fleecy etc.

Hi there

Shopping is going well and we've all the large items now so am gradually buying the smaller items week by week. I'm going to swaddle for the first few weeks as suggested and then use grobags but will need some blankets. I'm just wondering which are supposed to be best. I thought cellular as baby can breath if they get over it's head (can't imagine why/how it would kick it that far :lol: but I bet the little tinker has a go anyway) but in my MiLs day they advised against these as it was said they could get their fingers tangled up. The fleecy blankets look like they might be too hot (although I am having an October baby). There are other types too. Which are the best blankets to buy? x

Replies

• so far i have got 3 cellular ones including a pram one, mine is end of aug baby but i also have a fleecy one for if its cold which i can use in her pram if we go out or moses just get some of each xxx
  • If you go to Toys r us they sell a special blanket for swaddling. I think it's about ??8.

I have 2 cellular blankets and gro bags. Lily slept in a gro bag at first but it's too hot now so she sleeps in just her nappy!

xx
  • Hello,
    I have sleeping bags and cellular blankets. Though they have the holes in they are too small to catch little fingers in-but some of the older shawls have big holes that you need to be careful of.
    I think a fleece is good to have for going out-but the cellular are better for 'bed' as they are easier to control the temp of the baby and they 'breathe'??!!
    Lydia xx
  • I used swaddling for the 1st few weeks then I used grobags along with cotton celluar blankets. I would have used a fleece blanket when out & about in the pram though. As someone else said with the cellular blankets you get now the holes are a lot smaller so I would be surprised if a little one could get their fingers through.

Good luck, sounds like you are getting all organised xx
  • I had both with my first, they both were fine and certainly dont remember fingers getting stuck in the holes at all!!
    Lainer