Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Super scared

Previously posted in ttc as I wasn't sure if I could trust my tests but took a clear blue digital on the 17th said pregnant 1-2 and I was advised to double check today got pregnant 2-3 this will be my rainbow baby as lost my baby boy in November last year. Anyway I'm super super scared because since the 13th Feb I've had brown discharge before taking tests and getting 'pregnant' just thought it was my period but I was only having to wear liners so I thought it was a little odd as that's not what mine are normally like normally average flow any way this baby is planned so partner told me to test low and behold I got a positive but I'm super scared I'm having a miscarriage!!!! Petrified in fact I never had this in my last pregnancy and didn't have a natural miscarriage had to terminate due to severe abnormalities. Anyway this discharge isn't clotty or anything like that its just watery brown nothing ever goes into the toilet bowl. I'm not in any pain whatsoever have some back pain but I suffer terribly with sciatica and it was more apparent in my last pregnancy which I was told is normal. Anyway the discharge is like a light muddy watery colour. When I wipe its very light. And never fills the liner a small amount here and there sometimes nothing at all then some there again. Has anyone had this and everything be ok??  I've phoned my drs and have to call early morning tomorrow for advice because they have 0 appointments I've pretty much prepared myself for losing this lil rainbow.  I'm only about 4-5weeks but I'm scared :( any advice would be lovely.  As all I can think is the worst I know it's probably silly but losing my boy broke me.  Sorry for tmi just looking for advice 

Thanks 

Replies

• Options

Update *** had a phone call this morn was told they won't test me for pregnancy until the 7 week mark IF I AM pregnant that will be in 3 weeks was told you can get false positives just wondering if anyone has had a false positive on a clear blue digital? Was told to rest and keep taking tests :( confused don't know what to think....  imageclear blue was taken yesterday...  

• Options

I got a positive pregnancy test but then for a few days after I was having brown discharge in my pants I was Also concerned asvhad 2 previous mc but turned out to be implantation bleeding which happens in some pregnancies and I'm due in 8 weeks so for me the brown discharge was a good sign  

ive never had a false positive on a cb digital but it's a good sign yours has gone from 1-2 To 2-3 which means your levels are going up try again in a week and you should get 3+ 

Hope this helped xx

• Options

Thank you for your reply unfortunately I've had bright red bleeding today. Drs have said there isn't anything they can do for me because it's to early for them to test :( they just said I have to rest and let it all pass xx 

• Options

Won't they send you for a scan? Have you got cramping? 

• Options

I bled during my last pregnancy. I didn't "miss" my period until March although I conceived during festive period. When they scanned me as an emergency I was 16w. Each month I had bright red bleeding enough to convince me it was a real period. She is now a perfect (diva) and turned 4 in September.

I know this isn't always the case and I can understand your feelings completely. It's natural to be scared especially given your history. It's a shame more can't be done at present. How early can you book a private scan? I used to work in a&e and if you go there bleeding they send you to maternity triage. You could just say you think your further than you are? Sneaky but it'd tell you for definite either way. Why can't GP do hcg bloods?

Natalie x 

• Options

i was due for my period on the 7th of feb it never came so i thought id leave it a few days although im never late i thought maybe it could be,me and bf have been trying since jan 20th, so when i got the brown discharge i thought that must be my monthly and was a little gutted but it still didnt seem right so i took the first clear blue along with another dip test or whatever you all the the clear blue digital came be "pregnant 1-2" and there was a faint 2nd line on the dip test. So i phoned the dr and asked if they could be wrong because i was still having the brown stuff she said im very fertile at my age (nearly 23) so she said just relax and repeat the tests in a few days thats when i took another digital on the 21st that came back "pregnant 2-3" still worried as i was still dealing with the brown stuff i phoned again she asked how many weeks i thought i was i said going by the result and the instructions it says 4-5weeks so she told me they cant scan till at least 7thweek mark and they said they cnt do the bloods or urine till then either i have no idea why ? with my last preg before all went wrong i found out at 6weeks and went to see them they said the tests are so accurate they didnt need to test as i used a clear blue digital then too, so i then had to wait till 8weeks to have bloods at the preg/maternity unit place... anyway she just told me not to stress and keep testing but if it turns dark red its likely not to be such good news but i can phone for support. i took a dip test this morn that had two lines but this after noon ive started to bleed.. i have a bad back ache too... is this a period or a mc? beacuse with my last baby i had to terminate at nearly 14 weeks due to severe encephalocele baby had 0% chance of making it. So i was in hospital for that and passed him naturally. Im so lost and confused because all the tests have told me im pregnant? so i dont know if this is a period or mc. Drs just keep fobbing me off saying they cnt test until the 7th week mark. 

• Options

image this is what the instuctions say.. so if it is correct id be 4-5weeks 

imagethis is the test from this morn swear i can see a 2nd line or is it my eyes playing tricks xx 

• Options

meant *whatever you call them* not all them x 

• Options

That test is positive is it darker than the other test you did?

• Options

image17th was taken at the same time when I took first clear blue digital when I got pregnant 1-2. Middle pic is the one I posted yesterday and last took this morning..  

• Options

Hope your doing OK.  Any further bleeding or tests? X