Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Good Healthy Snacks

Just thought it would be a good idea to share what healthy snacks we eat during the day. I eat rubbish!! And my MW told me due to having key tones in my urine I need to eat more?

K xx

Replies

• i have today snacked on croissants eeekk!! so im not one to comment lol!!!

Healthy snacks to me make me think of carrott stick YUK! xx
  • Now that my morning sickness has gone and my appetite has returned to normal i'm being really good - snacks consist of banana, satsuma, apple, those fruit pots you can get. I also have the odd packet of iced-gems or mini cheddars.
    As you can tell i eat a lot of fruit and sat watching TV every night i eat either a full punnet of raspberries or a punnet of strawberries lol!!!
    xxx
    17+4
  • I eat alot of fruit as snacks and jelly fruit pots, yoghurts and salads but I also eat alot of chocolate aswell. I have started eating dairylea dunkers too.

I do think its good to be healthy but we all deserve a few treats every day

take care

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev129pb___.png

• I eat fruit in the day. I do have a bag of crisps too but i cant go without my crisps!! Dried fruit is supposed to be good and things like ryvita crackers which have wholemeal and seeds etc in them. Yoghurt is good aswell.

xxx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev207pp___.png

• I have to have a packet of crisps in the morning otherwise I feel sick! I'm trying to balance it out by having fruit in the afternoon ... I've been having chocolate after my dinner but finished my easter egg last night so not so much temptation any more ...

K xxx
    15+1
  • I make sure I eat my fruit, banana with my porridge, an apple and also a small bag of dried apricots and OJ before I nibble on any bad things later.

Dried fruit is really good for you and contains lots of iron which you need to increase during your last 3 months as the baby starts to store it for its first 6 months of life. Porridge is also very good, for that plus I make sure I have one steak a week now.

I also have a babybel, healthy yogurts and a glass of milk before bed to make sure I get my calcium intake up. Its also really important in the last 3 months in order to strenghten the babys bones.

Can you tell Ive been reading up!!

Claire xx
    24+4

[Modified by: claireclaired on April 29, 2009 01:27 PM]

• iv been craving salad and celery sticks, so fresh and juicy so guess im lucky, i love fruit...apples, grapes and bananas so eat them a lot too. i do still have chocolate or crisps most days too though!!

XxXxX
  • Thanks so much girls, there is loads here that I like and did not think of so will going to buy some more bits now.

I keep almost forgetting during the day i am preg and need to eat LOL

Kxx
    26+1
  • I eat bananas, apples, grapes and CHOCOLATE!!!
    I cant go a day without chocolate so I try to make sure I eat the fruit as well. Sometimes if I feel weak Ill have a slice of toast or bowl of rice krispies

fiona xxx
    26+5
  • Hi. im 6weeks 4days toady and this week i have gone off fruit and am craving crisp sandwiches! lol. oh i have also gone off Tea which i usually Drink loads of.
    Hxx