Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First heartbeat?

Hi ladies

I just wondered if any of you knew when the heartbeat is first visable on the scan? I'm 6 weeks today and while all seems to be progressing ok I can't shake off this feeling that not all is right so I'm thinking of booking a private scan to see the heartbeat, when would a good time for this be? My last lmp wa 13th of august, I tested 4 days before I was due on with CBD and got a pregnant with 1-2 weeks result. The week after I got 2-3 weeks and then this week I got 3+ weeks so I assume I'm 6 weeks??
xxx

Replies

• We got to see a heartbeat at 6 weeks but that was an early scan at my hospital because I had a tiny bleed. I'd say if you're booking a private scan then go for 7-9 weeks for the best timing xxx
  • We booked private scan and saw heat beat flashing away / heard it very clearly at 8+3. It was definitely a good time for an early scan as our little bean was really only still a "blob". :\) We were told that any earlier and there's a chance they won't pick up hb.

All the best

LK xx
    11+1

[Modified by: LKMum2Be on September 25, 2010 05:08 PM]

• we had an early private scan at 8 weeks and saw the little heartbeat flickering away x
  • We had one at 6+5 and they found the heartbeat but only with an internal, so I definately recommend waiting until after 7 weeks.
  • Thanks ladies I'll book one for a couple of weeks time. I just wish I could shake off this feeling that somethings wrong!
    xxx