Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

symptoms have gone - possible missed miscarriage?

I'm 8 weeks & 6 days today but am starting to worry about my lack of symptoms.
I dont feel sick any more (it wasnt that bad before but that stopped around 2 weeks ago). My boobs haven't hurt for the last week (before if my husband even went near them i was moving away from the sensitivity of them & i was sleeping with a pillow near them for padding to give them a bit of a cushion).

However i'm still having some symptoms as i keep going to the loo in the night (normally about 3-4 times) and i am so thirsty (which is one of the reason i keep going to the loo).

i also have a massive bloated belly - but it just feels like water retention to be honest.

i wasnt really having food cravings but i was off food - i didnt fancy beef or lamb, gone off coffee & didnt even fancy any wine (i havent been drinking anyway but i was surprised that the body just makes you not even want any so you or not restricting yourself).

The 2 days ago with dinner i thought "this would really be nice with a glass of red wine" - obviously didnt have any but it occured to me that my food aversions have gone - i even am having a coffee in the morning again!

I'm not having any bleeding, and although i am having occaisional stomach cramps its not too bad and feels normal (lasts a couple of mins max).

I just wondered if people think i might of had a missed miscarriage? Am so sick of waiting for my midwife appoijntment (another week) and then have to wait to the scan!!

Replies

• hi, i am sure everything is fine and you are probably one of the lucky ones who dont suffer for the first 3 to 4 months!! but i dont suppose it is very comfotying to you, if you are really worried phone your gp mw or do you have a early pregnancy unit? it would put your mind at rest! no pain and no bleeding is good!! try not to panic hun xxx
  • i didnt have any symptoms so i wouldnt worry about that.
    the only thing i felt was being really, really tired.
    i like you worried about having a missed miscarriage but you have to try and put this out of your head.
    if you havent been getting any bleeding then just carry on as normal and enjoy your pregnancy.
    good luck!
    xxxx
  • Hi

With Emilia I had hardly any symptoms. Very very occasisional sicky feeling (less than once a week and only once when I actually retched) sore boobs on and off, I was constantly prodding them to check and get in a state when they didn't hurt but mostly just tiredness.

This time absolutely nothing. No sickness or sore boobs just tiredness, but I am always tired anyway.

I am pretty sure the sore boobs thing gradually lessens. Try not to worry, like tallkatie2 said you are probably one of the lucky ones
  • It sounds very similar to me! I didn't have many symptoms in the first place other than sore boobs, tiredness and not wanting to eat anything healthy... then about 8 weeks the symptoms just went. I really worried that something was wrong but sure enough a couple of weeks later I was back feeling tired again and my boobs were aching though not as bad as before....

I think you might just be lucky in not suffering too much so try not to worry.... I'm now 22+5 btw:\)
  • hay hun i wouldnt try to worry yourself to much i didnt have any simptons at first didnt feel ill tierd nothing until i was 14 + i didnt even realise i was pregnant till i was 12 + 3 days im sure everything will be ok your just one of us lucky lot that dont suffer with the symptons image keep positive hunni

loren x x
    35 + 6 days
  • Try not to worry, i had sickness to start with but my boobs have only just started hurting or getting bigger and i'm almost 20 weeks now, i have only just got a slight bump and i was really worried a few weeks ago as i didn't start feeling this baby move until a couple of weeks ago whereas with my daughter i felt her at 15 weeks. I have had a missed miscarriage and didn't find out until i went for my 12 week scan but i had all normal pregnancy symptoms still although the baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks. I know its easy to say and believe me i do know how you feel but please try not to worry as every pregnancy is different, and every women has different symptoms at different stages of pregnancy. This pregnancy for me in completly different to when i was pregnant with my daughter. xxx
    http://b2.lilypie.com/j2jmp1/.png

http://bd.lilypie.com/d9vlp1/.png

• Aw hun, im sure everything is fine. If youve had no bleeding or pain im sure all is well. Once i hit 8-9 weeks i didnt feel very pregnant. Ive never had any sickness and about 8-9 weeks my boobs werent sore anymore and my cravings had gone, so you are prob the same.
    Its hard not to worry, you will be the same for the next 7 months lol
    Take care
    Sharon xx
    http://bd.lilypie.com/qxznp1/.png

• Thanks everyone for your support. It has made me feel better about being the symtoms going away. I suppose I just got to be positive and express my concerns with the midwife when i see her (on Friday)!

I'm pleased other people were the same though and it was all OK - so will definately try and think positive.

Also Bec & Emi your comment about prodding your boobs made me smile as i wasnt going to admit to it in my email that but thats what I keep doing!! Am only an A-B cup normally (more the A to be honest but sometimes I need a B) so I noticed them looking a bit bigger which is why i think am noticing more that they dont seem as sentsitive!!

However when i mentioned this to my husband early he said they still looked bigger (and darker around the nipples) - I not noticed that but then again i dont tend to be looking at them so maybe thats a good sign!! image
  • like the op have said i wouldnt worry,my first pregnancy i had all the symptoms and on this pregnancy ive had nothing,no morning sickness or anything and iam having twins and if you read on the net iam supposed to get everything twice as bad and ive had 2 scans up to now and there both bouncing around in my tum

sarah
    http://bd.lilypie.com/sg4fp1/.png

• I suffered an eptopic pregnancy last year and started bleeding at 7.5 weeks, presumed it was a normal miscarraige. rushed to a and e a week later with an eptopic. I've fell pregnant again now and not telling a soul, only me and my partner know. im 11 weeks, still awaiting a dating scan appointment and still waiting to see a midwife so i have nobody to ask. (gp useless). my symptoms are easing off now and i'm so worried about going to my scan and not seeing anything or the baby has no heartbeat and stopped growing weeks ago. i'm driving my self crazy, which i know i shouldn't.i just need to see my baby now and know everything is ok

• I'm about 7-8 weeks pg, told last week possible delayed misc as no fetal pole seen on early uss but also have a retroverted uterus which can make us difficult.  Hcg levels have dropped by 600 (still 16300) and started getting a light brown discharge so assuming that I am I fact miscarrying - due to go back Friday for a repeat scan.  Does anyone have any ideas how long it should take for bleeding to start properly or if there is any chance pg could still be viable - still having all the symptoms - I just need to know as seems so unfair

• i really dont want to worry you but I would go & get checked out... Chances are that everything is fine as everyone is telling you... But.,. your story is pretty much identical to mine... And at 8w6d i went to the ER to 'reassure myself that I was just being paranoid' but sadly found that id had a mmc approx. 2 weeks before. . I was only having very mild back ache & a tiny tiny 3 spots of watery blood... But i lost the few symptoms i had .. Same as you... My boobs went back to being fine (which was my only real major symptom) & my appetite came back. I had never felt sick or had any other real symptoms... The only one that continued was an increased sense of smell.

if your docs dont want to scan you, they can do a quantitative HCG blood test....

Do 2 tests 48 hours apart... If your HCG goes up... Thats a great sign, if they go down, it means you have likely miscarries.

hope you have a happy turn out & please keep us posted x

• Nessie B.. really sorry to hear this.... I have just had a miscarriage too.  I went to the ER aT 8w6d & scan showed baby died at about 6 weeks. I waited until 9 w3 days & still had not started miscarrying properly (only a few tiny clots, very light bleeding that i wasnt even changing a pad a day & brown, stringy blood). After waiting for it to happen naturally & it not, i chose to take medication to kickstart it. My OB told me that it was absolutely my choice & that i could continue to wait, take the meds or have a d&c... Honestly you need to do what is right for you... I personally felt like i needed togain some   control over my body & the situation so that i could begin to grieve, get closure & move on.

bug hugs & keep ys posted.. We are all here for you x

• Thanks SW2 that's how I feel at the minute about needing to take control - my problem is I had a very complicated c/s with my last baby and as a result anticipate lots of scar tissue and adhesions because of this I don't want a d&c incase it makes things worse and am worried about the medical route - I guess I'll have to see what they suggest on Friday x

• Nessie B... Sorry to hear that. Hopefully your docs will help you through things when you go on friday. Keep us posted. I can understand your concern re the previous scarring & not wanting to cause too much pressure. You could try drinking raspberry leaf tea... People recommend that as a natural way to start labour so it might help (more gently) bring things on for you? X

• Hi Nessie , sorry to hear you're going through this , I would second what SW2 said , I had 2 mmc's and my body hadn't recognised the 2nd  had failed at 5 weeks - got to nearly 9 weeks , had scan to confirm the pregnancy had failed , was due to go back after 5 days to get meds if hadn't happened spontaneously , Bought some raspberry leaf tea that day ,( had used it previously to induce labour n strengthen contractions ) drank 3 cups n passed our baby a midnight , was very sad but was so pleased we stayed at home n it was natural , and as you can see we tried again n am now 21weeks pregnant , sending  you lots of love, good luck for the future x x

• Congrats evemum... Its so reassuring to hear positive stories after the sadness of a miscarriage.. I know I'm probably like every other person on here who has their moments of worrying if this will keep repeating itself for them. 

• Geordielass21... How are you doing?

• Thanks everyone - sadly confirmed mmc today have been sent home to make a decision how to proceed.  Had conversation with consultant who thinks d&c would be ok but has to be my decision.  Would rather have meds I think but concerned as the kids are off school next week and don't want them to see me in pain, bit of an emotional wreck sorry if doesn't make sense

• Thinking of you NessieB..l sorry to hear your sad news.

If you'd rather do the meds then they can give you strong pain meds to take when it happens... I have heard that not all women experience bad pain but i think that seems to be if you miscarry earlier on (eg 5/6 weeks) but I was 9 weeks & it was very painful For 2/3 days (after this it was just uncomfortable like a reg period ache for a week). I also think perhaps if you've had children before it may not be as painful as your uterus is more flexible than before you've had any children (i presume that as thats what I was told re:the IUD when I had that a few years ago). 

D & C is a good option to be able to have the process done quickly... But  it does take away a lot of extra womb lining that meds or natural miscarriage doesnt so if you want to start ttc again straight away then this would impede that (i believe for a few months)... But if you want to wait some time before ttc again then this could be a good option for you. 

If you need to talk we're here for you x