Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Protein in urine

Hi all hope your all well,
I'm 8+2 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby. I had my first MW appointment today and she said i had protein in my urine and said she would send it off to be checked. What does protein in urine mean though and do i need to be concerned? My blood pressure was 114/84 MW didnt seem concerned but this is higher than it has been at this stage in my previous pregnancies.
Just wondered if any of this was anything to worry about?

Replies

• ur blood pressure is within the 'normal' range (usually around 120/80) protein in ur urine this early on is most likely an indicator of a urine infection, or can be slight contamination, ie if u've had sex the night before...it most certainly won't be pre eclampsia, which i assume is what ur alluding to with the concern of protein and perhaps raised bp... the very very earliest acses of pre e start around 20weeks, but thats extremely rare its, even rare for it to start at 26weeks...plus, don't compare ur bp this time round to other pregnancies, ur body reacts to each pregnancy differently. i'm betting its a urine/kidney/bladder infection, if anything at all. hth xx 21+1
  • Thanks WoW baby. I did think it was a bit early to be preeclapsia this pregnancy has turned me into a proper old worrier! I've been getting alot of tummy pains so i guess it seems likely it could be a urine infection if anything. x