Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnant after miscarriage

Replies

• Elexox i could literally cry with happiness that you know what i mean, wasnt there at all last night or this morning until i started doing housework and it started again, took paracetemol to see if it went away and it did so hopefully that kind of rules out ectopic, i  my head its not high enough to be related to ectopic because its really low down, more pelvis than abdomen, only thing that concerns me is nine hour shift tomo, im a nurse and mostly on my feet so hope it doesnt hurt then! Still no bleeding so thats good, also got past the fifth week and six weeks today so hopefully thats a good sign too xxx

• Elexox I definitely am consumed by fear, I’m looking for clues as to what went wrong in my last pregnancy Which could potentially go wrong this time and I wish I didn’t do it but I’m the sort of person that will look for what could go wrong before I do something if that’s make sense? I’m counting the days at the moment but looking forward to when I can just enjoy being pregnant again rather than fearing the worst all the time, I also have pregnancy+ and Ovia, I’m loving the little hand and footprints that ovia has atm they are so tiny can’t wait to see them grow and grow! I so desperately want to give lily a brother or a sister and I feel that if it goes wrong this time I don’t have the strength to try again and I’m worried in the future she will resent me for not giving her one, I love both my brothers (as annoying as they were growing up) and don’t know what I’d do without them, I want lily to have that, I’m looking forward to my scan on saturday (changed it til then) & hopefully I’ll be a bit more positive 

• Hi Ladies

Scan went well all be it lengthy (trainee sonographer) we were at the hospital for 2.5 hours!! Baby had hands over her face so they couldn’t do checks on lips.....

we had to go away, come back and then had to come back a third time as she forgot to take a pic of something.....

Other Twin is still the same size - no signs of absorption at the mo.  Defo a girl 💗💗

Seeing consultant for a scan on 28th so should have some idea regarding a delivery plan hopefully......

Mummytolily we understand your anxiety - we all still suffer from it, hopefully your scan will give you a little peace of mind, it is highly unlikely you will have the same problem a second time xx 

Elexox hopefully you can get a goodnight sleep tonight xx 

will put a pic up later, they are at home xx

• Bobble, it's such an annoying pain isn't it! It should go in a few days, mine went after about 2/3 days. I'm sure it's all fine in there and bub is just causing some stretching 🤗

Mummytolily, you remind me of myself so much! I also look for the bad before the good 😕 Always have in everything and since my loss I do it even more! The odds are in your favour because it's fairly rare to have 2 miscarriages in a row... that's comforting at least? As you said before both you and your OH are young and healthy so chances are all is absolutely fine and lily will get her brother or sister next summer 🤞🏼🤗❤️ I love the hand/foot prints on ovia too 😍 I remember when i couldnt even make out fingers and toes! 

Thanks MrsFish and ahh good news! I had a trainee for my 12 week scan, was in there about 30 minutes, they do take forever don't they lol. I wasn't complaining though, was lovely to see bubs for that long 😌 

• Mrs Fish glad all is ok with your little girly and that you're still pink because I know that' what you secretly hoped for with already having a son.

The consultant will get you all sorted when you see them and will make you feel a lot better about it all I'm sure.

Hope everyone else is ok xx

• Elexox I’m glad I’m not the only one 😂 I feel like I’m getting WOrse as the days are going by atm just waiting for something to go wrong, but I need to snap out of it! That Is comforting to think of it that way :) I’m gunna try my best to start thinking positively! 

So glad to hear everything went well Mrs fish! & that you got another confirmation of a little girly! How exciting xD 

• Just had a look at my scan pics - they are all blurry :-( 

Not sure if that’s coz bubba was moving so much - or because the sonographer was a trainee, or maybe the layer of fat on my belly that makes it harder.........

How are your symptoms Mummytolily? 

Flu jab tomorrow for me - one of my colleagues has been in hospital recently with the flu - she isn’t pregnant but it did worry me a bit.....

Elexox I am still jealous that you are that but further along than me!!  Have you decided when you are finishing work? 

Lisl how’s your bump coming along? 

So we have had a bit of luck with nursery furniture - a friend of a friend offered me a tutti bambini changing table/chest of drawers for £25 in fab condition - I then found managed to buy the matching cot-bed for £57 off EBay, so am super pleased with my £80 furniture set - will have to buy a mattress obviously :-) 

• Oh no Mrs fish that’s a shame! I think the further along you are the harder it is to get a great pic anyway because baby Is so big now! Are you thinking of doing a 4D one? 

My symptoms are quite strong atm, i have horrific nausea in the mornings (I’ve only been sick once) which normally leads to me running to the loo 😂 I have on off sore boobs, still quite tired although it seems to be getting a bit less atm 

wow that’s a great deal for furniture! I love a good bargain! 

• Mrs Fish that's a shame about the pics. But good news for the furniture - absolute bargain!!

Bump is doing well thanks. Here's a picture I took this morning xx

• ahh it looks fabulous Lisl :-) xx 

• 2 people told me they can’t even tell I look pregnant today, so it is defo just look fatter :-( 

• Mrs Fish I'm sure you do look pregnant and not fat 😘 you'l look beautiful I'm sure xx

• Lovely bump lisil! 

mrs fish lisil is so right! ANd even if you’re just feeling a bit more fuller give it a week or two and you will just pop And everyone will be offering you Seats and asking when your due date is xD I’m sure you look lovely though :) 

• Mrsfish what a deal on the furniture! You must be very chuffed hehe. I left university in July and just graduated last week so just enjoying being free at the mo. We've been planning a baby for when I finished uni so I saved some of my student loans so I could afford a year relaxing and being pregnant lol. OH works full time as well so that helps with finances 😊 Looking forward to going into work once little lady is 2 or so 😊

Ooo bump is coming along nicely lisil! I feel like a beached whale now lol! 

Its up, its finally up!!!... 

• Mrsfish, I can't tell you how happy I am to hear twin two is doing well, lots of positive vibes to you. Also, loving the price of your nursery furniture. 

Lisl, what a lovely bump. Can't wait until I have one that's not just food! 

Ele, I love how you always know just what to say when it's needed, it's so lovely to see. 

• Ele I'm very jealous of you being off right now! Although only 2 working weeks left then the office closes for Christmas so not too bad. 

Loving the tree! I love Christmas. Here's mine..

• Hi Ladies, thanks for all you kind words, as always it is lovely to feel like supported - particularly nice that it is from people I don’t really know - but 100% understand what I am going through :-) 

Ele even more jealous that you are having a bit of a break at the mo 😜  Imdo hope you are enjoying yourself and managing to make the most of your time off :-)  What did you study at uni? 

mummytolily I took comfort in my symptoms, it helped me to confirm in my head that all was going in the right direction :-) 

good luck with your scan bobble and Mummytolily for tomorrow - Slinky I can’t remeber when yours is due - sorry....... My pregnancy brain is in full swing now!

went to collect reserved items from argos that aren’t ready until 10? And then turned up for my flu jab 30 mins early yesterday.......The weekend is needed!! X

Have a good day everyone xx 

• Slinky thats nice of you to say 😊 I've always been good at being there for people emotionally, I don't mind being an agony aunt hehe! Sometimes listening to other peoples problems and worries helps me forget or figure out my own too. 

Thanks lisil, hehe not long to go for you! Nice relaxing break over Christmas 🎄 Stunning tree! Sadly my cat decided to dismantle everything last night... I was FUMING when I discovered all the ornaments, beads and lights messed up this morning. The rage was real lol 😤😡 As if I've got the energy to decorate a Christmas tree every day! 

MrsFish, yes thank you I'm LOVING the freedom. Im just a ftm to my 6 year old atm so school runs, homework, days out, housework and swimming for me lol. I studied human nutrition for 3 years so I'm now officially I'm on the register for nutritionists 😁👩🏻‍🎓 im totally with you on baby brain lol. Since leaving uni and being pregnant my brain has gone to mush lol 🙈

• Oh Elexox how annoying!!! That would annoy me too haha! My sister's cats are awful with her tree. She's considering getting a pop up one this year where everything is attached so they can't pull stuff off. Although they'd probably just pull that over 🙈 haha.

Off out to my cousin's hen do tonight. I so can't be bothered haha! But hopefully will still have a good night

• Loving all of the Christmas trees xD just taking a break from wrapping! I love it but I’ve had enough now 😂 

wow lisil you look lovely! I hope you have a nice time! 

I finally have my Midwife appt it’s the 18th December I’ll be 10+2 if my dates don’t change at my scan tomorrow ☺️ 9 weeks tomorrow for me! Only a few weeks left til the safe zone!