Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnant after miscarriage

Replies

• Fab scan bobble!

Had another reduced movement scare today but all is ok. I hate having a placenta at the front, it's so rubbish! 

As for dtd, we've only done it a couple of times. I was too scared at the start so wouldn't let him near me for the first 12 weeks 😂 haven't been the most comfortable to be honest when we have. I think I worry so tense up a bit (sorry tmi 🙈) also not been in the mood a lot - poor hubby I do feel bad haha.

• I should be fertile between 6-11 of January so 🤞 But am gunna dtd as much as possible hopefully every other day till period due...just gotta keep hubby. In the mood haha 😂 

we just booked to go to Harry Potter studio tour in February so I can't wait will give me something to look forward to 

I did the baby centre ovulation calculator and it gives you due dates for your fertile days and i could end up with the same due date again if I get pregnant in next few months as I did last time with lost bean 🙈 

• Hello all, Hope it’s OK for me to join your thread? I joined MFM last Oct during my first pregnancy after trying for a year. I had a surgically managed MC at 9 weeks. My 👼 would have been born around 12 June and I will never forget him/her.

One year later I am pregnant again. I am delighted and surprised but really apprehensive. There are so many reasons why this pregnancy could go wrong and my age is one of the main factors. I am trying to remain positive and not focus on this all the time but I am realistic too. I am about 6 weeks (I think) and I won’t join the Birth Club thread until/if I get the all clear at 12 weeks. It’s great to have found this thread as everyone understands what being pregnant after a MC feels like.

I went for a precautionary scan last week (thinking that I was about 8 weeks gone) as I had some mild twinges. I am either much earlier on in the pregnancy than I thought (likely as I can’t remember much about my cycle over the last month or so) or it is failing. I have an appointment at the EPU next Wednesday to see how things are going. I am doing all of the right things and will just have to wait and see what lies ahead for my husband and I. I have lots of symptom, so something is happening in there - I can only hope and pray that the right things are happening in there! 

Thanks ladies and I hope all is well with you all. 

🤞🏿🌈 👶🏿❤️ xxx

• Hi And and Welcome. 

Early pregnancy is a very stressful time after a loss, particularly if there is a question around your dates - I had a similar experience with my first loss Following an early scan.  

We all will have everything crossed for you and hope that your little Bean grows over the next week xx 

• Hi Lisl, how’s movement today? Has it improved?  Did you go to the hospital? So stressful for you :-( 

I had a quiet evening last night with barely any movement, and a few gentle bumps up high this morning so wonder if my little one has turned round - one would expect to feel a complete somersault when they are 11inches long, but can’t say I did!  Anyhow scan tomorrow so will see what’s happening in there - we so need a window into our uterus lol xx 

• A window sounds like a fab idea mrsfish haha 😂 

• Thanks MrsFish - great to have the support of you guys. I am quite calm and hopeful. It is out of my hands so I will have to wait and see. I will let you know how it goes. How are things for you?

xx

• Just seen your post MrsFish - hope scan goes well. You are so right re window to uterus! 😃

x

• And100 welcome! I hope everything goes ok with your scan and that little bean has grown.

Mrs Fish you are so right about the window! Hope all is ok with your scan tomorrow. We went to the hospital but all was ok and she decided to wake up when we were there! Bloody typical madam! I feel like I'm mithering but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. I've felt her a bit today so that's good :-)

Hope everyone else is ok xx

• Hi xLisilx

Thanks for the words of support. I just read the message attached to your profile. So sorry to hear about your 👼 👶 baby and so pleased to hear about your 🌈 👼. There is hope for us all. 

Excuse my ignorance, but can’t they do a scan if baby is awake? 

xx

• congratulationd and100 & MrsB sorry To hear of your previous miscarriages, I had a miscarriage in September at 13 weeks, I’m now 11 weeks and 5 days, due 14th July, when are both of your due dates? 

• And I meant from my post that she started to wiggle about loads when I got to the hospital. Obviously had just been lazy during the day little madam haha!

• Im due either 31st August or 1st September if you use my ovulation tests (I had 2 equal dark tests so assuming it happened somewhere in the middle). I think that makes me 4w5d so still super early. 

I've been having the occasional twinge this time round, up near my cervix. It's almost like someones touched it very lightly with the tip of a needle, and then it's gone. I'm praying one of you is going to tell me it's normal?

• Hi Mummytolily

I have seen your posts on the Aug 18 thread. 😃 Thanks for your kind words and sorry to hear about your 👼 baby.

I think I am due at the end of August but I am unsure of the dates to be honest. We are waiting for a scan next week; firstly we’ll find out if all is well and then I guess we’ll get an idea of dates. I’m taking it all one baby step at a time. 😉

xx

• Aahhhh, glad scan went OK apart from lots of movement.

xx

• Sorry, last post was for xLisilx 

x

• Hi MrsB369

This is my second pregnancy and the first one ended in disaste, so I couldn’t say too much about twinges. They can be normal and your body changing for the baby. I have had some mild stabbing pains tonight. It worries me as this is how things started to go wrong last time .... I had a scan last week and sonographer told me that it could be my fibroids me pain. 

Are you able to and get a scan to set your mind at rest? Try not to worry and see if you can have a scan?

xx

• Hi And100,

I'm a little too early to be getting a scan just now, but have asked if it's possible when I filled in my forms for the midwife tonight. It doesn't feel like the pains when I had my miscarriage, you just can't help but worry a little can you! 

I've vowed to stay positive, but in reality I know there's not too much I can do to prevent it if it's going to happen again.

• I had lots of twinges and growing ligament pains in first few weeks - I still get them now.  I worry more when they stop, as for me that’s a sign my uterus isn’t getting bigger - saying that we are all different and experience each pregnancy uniquely - my first pregnancy I couldn’t stomach food at all, this time I have done nothing but eat, had to get up at 5am again this morning to get a biscuit and banana as I was ravenous!!......

• I for one can also say in my three pregnancys that i lost i never had any cramping or pains, only ever had blood then light contraction pains like coming and going and getting worse. When i was 5 weeks i genuinally had a very pain on left side of pelvis, i was convinced it wasnt normal as it was too strong, i could still walk but it was uncomfortable and at both scans since babas has been beautifully perfect! So i now mostly take cramping as a good thing unless im having one of my paranoid days hehe!

Need someone to make me feel better! Just got off the phone to ringing into work, I am meant to be on  13 hour shift today and I know I cant do it, I have crohns which rarely bothered me but my god when it does it does and ive been up with bowel cramps all night! My manager is very arsy about sickness though and I know shes gonna be in a one with me for the next month or something, its around xmas in hospital its a big no no to ring in sick around then :( the thought of doing a 13 hour shift where possibly my stomach wont of settled by then on less than three hours sleep is just a no go :( need to protect this baba as much as i can, anyone agree? 

Hope all are well 9+2 today xxxxxxx