Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnant after miscarriage

Replies

• Fab bump!!  I defo have bump envy as only just starting to show now at 28 weeks!! Saw my daughter-in-laws mum yesterday and her First words were ‘where’s the bump?’

scan and consultant this arvo, looking forward to seeing how big she is growing. 

Yesterday I had a load of sharp period type pains - about 20 in all lasting a few seconds over the course of the afternoon/evening.  Ele/Lisl have you experienced These?  I am on super alert as only 1wk 2 days of last delivery date - eek!! 

We had a super busy weekend, with little progress in the the nursery - hubby has to do a bit of rewiring now as we have plug sockets at cot height that need moving.  I have managed to sort out a load of clothes in the wardrobe in Babies room, listed some decent stuff on eBay and a couple of bin bags for charity. 

I am getting impatient, as I really want nursery done, so I can get everything in its place, rather than scattered all over the house, had a mini melt down sat about it. 

On better news the boy has been a lot calmer over the second Half of the week, but did have vomiting yesterday afternoon/evening - so hoping it was a bit of food poisoning and not a virus 🤞

• Mrs Fish hope your appointment goes well this afternoon.

I've not had period pains but have had some uncomfortableness and kind of pain that has lingered for a bit.

I can't wait to have everything sorted too now. Nursery is being decorated this coming weekend then we just have to build the furniture and I can finally start putting her stuff away. The pile of stuff in the spare room is crazy!

Glad your son has been better for you. Hope he feels better soon and it was just a passing bug or food poisoning like you said 🤞

• Mrs fish you have a lovely bump 😍 don’t worry about what other people say! I think mine has come out earlier this time because it had stretched to 13 weeks then gone back and then it’s stretching again my body probably doesn’t know if it’s coming or going 😂 I definitely didn’t have a bump with lily until like 24 weeks at least! Sounds like baby girls Nursery is coming along nicely! I’m so glad your son has been behaving the last week that’s good news! Looking forward to hearing how your scan goes! Do they give you estimated weights now?

Lisil do you know how you’re going to decorate her nursery? It’s all so exciting isn’t it! Can’t wait to see pictures! 

I woke up about midnight to a big pain in the left side of my bump, I think I must of moved to quickly and it soon went, hoping so bad I didn’t hurt him ☹️ I have my Midwife appt today so hopefully I’ll hear heartbeat and everything will be okay 💙

forgot to say we bought his pushchair and car seat yesterday still can’t believe I am having a boy xD I am over the moon 💙

• I just fell asleep on sofa after my breakfast - oops lol!  Must have needed a cat nap!! 

I can’t wait to see your nursery pics Lisl - mine might be a few weeks behind, as room has needed plumbing and electrics before decorating can start.....

good to know you have had some discomfort too, I think I am on high alert after last weeks problems, hopefully I will chill a bit and enjoy the last trimester rather than worrying what if - she will come when she gets here - ha, wish I was always that relaxed about it!!

Mummy, she should get an estimated weight, last time she was estimating 3 weeks ahead with weight (chunky monkey)  they said it’s because she has lon legs and a big belly - at this stage I am happier for her to be big incase she comes early - at 40 weeks, I will be petrified of a 10lber lol. 

Exciting about pushchair - what one did you go for? 

Have a good day all - I better get a wriggle on for work!! 

• Hey all! 

so relieved and happy with the scan but trying not to get too excited. Baby is measuring ahead at 7weeks (I’m 6w4d) - pretty sure that’s cause I ovulated early! 

Nice little heartbeat! And big yolk sac lol! 

do I know count my self as 7w or carry on as I was? I know this can change! 

• Hey ria, lovely little bean you have there! 😍 Always go by what you're measuring in the scan as lmp is really a very vague guess of when you ovulated/implanted... my EDD by lmp is 28th feb 2018 but all my scans have given me the 7th march 2018 so thats what I'm going by 😁 Just be aware that it might change again by a day or two at the most at your 12 week scan 😊 

• 😃 great scan, rhia, so glad it went well. I agree with ele, I go by the dates the scan gives me. My first scan put me back 4 days, but this one put me almost a week forward, which I think is accurate. 

Mrsfish, don’t listen to anyone, you definitely have a bump! and Good to hear your son is behaving more for you. 

So nice to hear about the nurseries 😁 cant Wait to see pics. 

What pram have you bought, mummytolily? 

We chose ours yesterday, and the cot, bouncy chair, and more, lol. We took my mother in law shopping and ended up making loads of choices, then I spent The rest of the day feeling like death and carrying my new best friend ‘bucket’ around with me. I ended up sleeping for 13 hours And today I feel a hundred times better, even managed to eat more than a few mouthfuls of food! 

• Mummytolily which pram have you gone for?

Also update on the nursery - having it done tomorrow now instead!!! So excited. It'll be pink with one wall with hot air balloon wallpaper 

Fab scan ria! I agree with ele on what to go by. Bet you can't wait for your 12 week one now!

Whale chick sorry to hear you felt so crappy yesterday but exciting to be shopping! Glad you're feeling a bit better today 

Xx

• Thank you ladies 🤗 

I think I just have That voice in my head saying you saw a heartbeat at 7w last time- this could al go wrong again! 

also, now im thinking if I’m 7w already then how much no major sickness? Lol anyone on here’s in the second trimester and not experience bad sickness?

I need to eat something to not feel a bit nauseous but apart from that im fine! Smells are bugging me.. I didn’t have really bad sickness last time either I think that’s why it’s worrying me. 

But anyway, trying to think of how many ladies don’t have sickness, or get it later! 

Aww that wallpaper is so cute! whale chick, very fun going shopping! Can’t wait till I get To that’s point. I have my first me appointment in a week so will be sending off For 12w appointment. Doubt I can wait 5 weeks though!! 

• The wallpaper is gorgeous, lisl. and so exciting to be getting it done so soon!

thank you, I am loving being able to shop and buy all the cute stuff now. 

Rhia, my sister had no sickness with any of hers, and my mum has seven kids but only got sickness and nausea with some of us. the old wives tail is nausea and sickness with girls, so maybe a boy?

• Lovely scan photo Ria! I agree I’d go with the scan dates! I have had nausea this time around but didn’t have any with lily! 

Lovely wallpaper lisil! Looks really nice!

whale chick I never had any nausea or sickness with lily but have had nausea this time and have been sick a few times this time! It’s so strange! 

We got the silver cross wayfarer in chelsea and the silver cross simplicity car seat in midnight blue 

imageimage

• Very nice Mummy 😁 

So baby is doing fabulous- photos aren’t great again!! the contrast on them is very pale, but will try and edit later.  Will attach originals anyhow.  She is 3lb and had her feet resting on her forehead - we could see her opening and closing her eyes, she swallowed and made a smile, so interesting to see them develop like that on a Scan!! 

As for me - borderline gestational diabetes, so have to go back tomorrow morning for a talk about it, and how to monitor blood sugar, they think i should be able to control with diet, as I am literally right on the cut off - let’s hope so!!  And now have to start taking blood thinning injections from now until 6 weeks after delivery - high risk for DVT due to weight, age and varicose veins - it’s been a tough 2 weeks - I think tomorrow will be my 4th half day at the hospital within a week!! They are doing well out of me for parking charges!! 😂

• Awww look at her Mrs fish! Can already tell she’s going to be a beauty 😍 glad she is developing well! 3lbs wow! That’s brilliant! 

How is everyone? 

• Your pram is lovely, mummytolily :) 

aww mrsfish she is so lovely! Looks like she will have a cute little nose :) im glad they are letting you try using your diet to control the diabetes, much preferable to injections. 

• So cute Mrs Fish and a good weight already so that's good :-)

Having an alright day today. Just wish work would hurry up so I can go and see the nursery all decorated! 

Hope everyone is doing well xx

• I also can’t wait to see a pic of your nursery Lisl, is hubby doing it or have you got someone in? 

My day has been ok, have got my blood sugar kit, and listened to talks regarding how it can effect Baby, have been told babies blood sugar might be low after delivery, so i will have to stay in 1-2 days so they can keep a check on her (would have preferred to come straight home but will always do what is best for baby) they have recommended collecting colosterom from 36 weeks, so will have an apoointment to show me how to hand express - apparently it is best for levelin out blood sugar if she is a bit low - I think I will have to freeze it before due date. 

Will have to test blood 4 times a day and email in weekly, if it doesnt stay within limits I will have to start on meds,but they hope tinkering with diet should help.  carb Portion sizes and low GI carbs 🤞

have picked up and been shown how to use Heparin.  Nightly jab in the leg.

10 days ago all was good and now I feel a bit overwhelmed with all these measures put into place - personally I am feeling well!  I do wonder if all the stress of the boy has elevated levels a bit.....best to be safe for baby though.

• Mrs Fish we had someone in. Mike would've painted but I'm a perfectionist and with us having wallpaper it was just easier to get someone in (easier for Mike to avoid my perfectionist eye haha). It's the same guy that did a few other rooms in our house last year so we got a good price from him.

Glad they're letting you try and control your levels with meds first. 🤞 they just peaked because of stress and you can keep then down with diet. It's good that they'r keeping an eye though and taking all the precautions that they need to with you being borderline.

So here is our girly's room. Can't wait till it's all finished with furniture etc 😍

• Lisil that looks absolutely beautiful! I Love it! Love the wallpaper! Where Did you get it? 

i have no idea whatsoever on how to do baby boys room, lilys room has a lot going on (I’ll  post a picture) so want just as much in his room  but just haven’t a clue what! It was so easy with lily because I’m a real girly girl so anything pretty but it’s more difficult now 😂 does anyone have any ideas on a boys nursery?

heres lilys room (only the hills sky and path are paint the rest is stickers) 

• Love Lily's room! So clever and pretty. The carpet is a gorgeous colour too 💗 The wallpaper was from Homebase. They actually do a blue one too.

I had plans for a nautical/pirate room if I had a boy. If you search nautical nursery on Pinterest there's loads of lovely ideas. I was kind of gutted at 1st that those plans went out the window because I had loads of ideas 😂😂