Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnant after miscarriage

Replies

• Ria no problem at all ☺️ Ahh that's understandable, im 23 but have older friends as I've always been "very mature" for my age. I had to grow up very quickly as I got pregnant (totally unplanned and supposedly prevented 🤔) at 16 with DS. Had him just before my 17th birthday! Raised him for a year then went to college for 2 years then straight to uni for 3 years and here I am now a qualified nutritionist 😁 Graduated a few months ago but left uni in July when I was about 2 months pregnant with this little lady... OH works ft so we're managing with his income and my savings from my student days ☺️ I plan to go to work when little miss is around 1 or 2 but we'll see how it all goes 😃 

Oooo mrsrees, I used to love the run up to ovulation it's so exciting! Good luck lovely, you're doing so well staying positive 🤗 I'm glad you came over here with us! 

Lisil, mrsfish of course I did too much 😩😂 had a bit of a back ache after but nothing too bad... I literally cannot stop this nesting it's so intense! 

Oborne congrats on 20 weeks wow halfway already, I can't believe that 😱🎉 did you keep the gender a surprise? 20 week scans can be tough as they have to do so many checks and the digging really hurts after a while! Hope you're not too sore today! 

• I thought you had a privare gender scan at 16 weeks and are having a girl OBorne? 

• Thanks ele I'm glad i came over too it's good to be able to speak to the Friends ive had for nearly a year :) 

not sure if im loving the run up to ovulation as much as you did though haha I'm impatient and want it to come sooner rather than later although in terms of dtd probably waiting till next week isn't good as oh on nigjts and I will be home to "wake him up"😉 If you know what I mean 

lovely scan Osborne that's really clear 

• Wow he is a mega ✨✨ Mummytolily - I would be so bashful and uncool around her lol xx 

• I got a flashy smiley face today girls 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆 never been so excited 🤞 The peak fertility comes soon 

• Awesome!!! 😁 

Maybe you Ovulate a bit earlier than you think??  Mrs Rees xx 

• Mrs fish she’s so lovely shes Just a normal person :) 

does anyone think its worth getting a buggy board? I can imagine lily wanting to get on and off all the time, and she’ll be 4 a month after baby’s born and then she starts school the month after so I can’t imagine using it a lot? 

• Why don’t you look on ebay or Gumtree to see if you can pick up a cheap one just incase? I guess it depends on how much she walks  normally?

So nice that she is normal and still does her job, I always get the impression he is very down to earth - I heard a documentary on Radio 1 about him a few weeks ago, I was really impressed - I was in my late teens, early 20’s when he did his first rounds in the industry - I am an old party girl at heart still 😜

Ele sounds like you have done super well for yourself - I hope you are really proud of what you have achieved - it’s hard enough studying anyway, never mind when you have a little one to consider, and to save up too!! I’m super impressed!!  I did my teaching degree when a I split up with my first husband, Leon was around 5 when I started, balancing mother, work and studying is super tough!! I would have been 28, and actually met my current husband early into it, so had a lot of support from him.  I think there is something about being faced with single parent hood that makes you want to provide the very best you can for you child, it gives you an extra layer of strength and determination xx

• She walks a lot anyway as I can’t drive so shes used to walking with me, it’s more about safety than anything but she tends to be really good holding my hand anyway and I imagine she’d be fine holding onto the pushchair, she doesn’t really kick off in public just tends to do what I tell her 😂 I don’t want her to get lazy and want to stand on that all the time, I would rather spend money on getting her a pushchair for her doll (she already has one but the wheel always falls off outside 🙄) I’ve had a look on gumtree but can seem to see any locally only the bugaboo one which wouldn’t fit, & £60 a lot of money when she wouldn’t use it very often 

hahaha aww bless you Mrs fish, he bought her an iPhone a couple of years ago and she asked me if I could help her with something and a text from him came up i Wish I could of just FaceTimed him right then and there haha 😂 she went straight up to hmv to buy his cd on Thursday shes so sweet & so proud of him its lovely, she’s a normal person but definitely doesn’t live a normal life she goes to a lot of places with him I’m waiting for my invite one day 😜 

• Hi everyone,

the site kicked me out last night and had to reset password, couldn’t be bothered to faff about, not sure why it did that??

anyway- yes a little girl! We already knew from the private scan, so happy the girls will have a little sister and once baby is old enough I’m going to change rooms so she can share with her big sis, cute ! 

• Wow Ele, that’s amazing! I would have loved to have been a youngmum! Although I don’t think think I was ready mentally, i know I’m not old At all, but i just imagined being younger when I had my first! 

Lol I don’t have a clue which celebrity we are talking about!? I’m rubbish with pop culture 😩 I live under a rock where spice girls and West life are still current hahahaha

what a lovely scan Oborne! Must be anazingto get To see baby for that long. 

wish I had a little camera every day to look into my womb and check in lol 

i had some massive crying sesh today, saw my therapist and do feel better now. I just got so stuck in repeating history and what happened last time, I convinced myself its happening again. So I’m choosig to try and stay in this story, the different pregnancy as much as possible. So hard though, i will definitely get betting another scan for 9 weeks as that will be after my last one had gone. 

Mummytolilly that is expensive ! But I guess just depends on how much you thknk she will really use it, and you’re right you don’t want her getting too lazy! Be doesn’t sound fun.. wish I could have a board to hop on when I’m tired lol 

mrs rees that is so  Exciting! Woop woop!!! Xx

• I have no idea who we ate on about either. I did try and Google with the clues you gave but still not 100% 😂

We finished building all Hallie's furniture today. I absolutely love it. I'm currently sat in her room typing this now. I don't want to leave haha

• Yipeeee mrsrees, as mrsfish said, maybe you ov earlier than you once thought? 

I wouldn't bother with a buggy board mummytolily, has lily got a scooter? That's how I transitioned leo out of a pram, he was 3 I think. It's brilliant as you don't have to keep remonding them to speed up etc... Will lily start reception this year? Leo started reception a month after his 4th birthday! 

Thanks MrsFish yes I'm super proud now that it's all done. The studying itself I found really hard with undiagnosed dyslexia as well... i wasnt diagnosed until the end of the second year at uni! Just goes to show how shocking the education system can be! Wow you certainly had your work cut out too! I couldn't stomach trying to work as well as studying and raise Leo so hats off to you too! 

Ria, thank you as well 😁 Yes being a teen/young mum certainly has its benefits but also some drawbacks too! I mean I wouldn't advise anyone to get pregnant in their teens but it saved me from a very downhill future as I was completely off the rails at age 14/15! Looking back now it was written in the stars for me... And I've still done all the things normal teenagers and young parents do anyway so can't complain really 😁 My mum was horrified when she found out I was pregnant at 16 of course but shes the best nanny ever now and loves that she's still young too (53)! 

Awww lovely lisil, looking like your nesting instinct is in full force. When I was pregnant with Leo I used to lay all his clothes out and sit in the middle and look at them all haha crazy hormones! 

Hope everyone is well and had a good weekend 😁♥️

• Young people ** not parents lol

• Oh Lisl it is stunning!! I would also just be sitting in there soaking in the reality - so happy for you, it looks amazing 😁  I am glossing our nursery at the mo, we still haven’t managed to get any paint on the walls as yet, but I am promised it will be ready by nx Saturday for my Baby shower 🤞

A clue might be ‘Bo Selecta’  

• Mrs Fish I think it's who I thought! 

And thank you 💗 can't wait to see your nursery!

Ele I can imagine I'll be doing that with her clothes too haha! And you definitely should be proud if yourself! You've done amazing xx

• Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well.

I am 12 weeks today and have my scan on Friday, so not long to go now.

However, I am just looking through my notes and the sonographer added on my notes that i was measuring 8 weeks at my early scan, but she didn't add anything under 'heartbeat' or 'activity'. I'm now worrying why she didn't as we did see the heartbeat!! Or was it just her being lazy?! Just what I need before my scan 😩😩

• Lisil wow that looks lovely! You’ll be spending most of your time in there now 😂 she’s one lucky little girly! 

elexox yeah she has a scooter :) she doesn’t go in her pushchair at all anymore and just walks everywhere but obviously at the moment my attention is fully on her and holding her hand where as when baby arrives it’ll be more difficult to hold her hand and because of what happened to my dad I am absolutely petrified of her being near the road, but she is really good at holding my hand and being careful I always talk to her about road safety and making sure no cars are c

• Oops wasn’t finished 😂

making sure no cars are coming when we are crossing the road, I always ask her to hold my hand tightly when it’s a busy road etc, yeah lily starts reception in September 😭 my baby girl is all grown up! She will have turnt 4 on the 23rd of August so sHe’ll start just over a week later, she’s very clever and outgoing so I’m not worried really, she goes to play school now and a lot of those children will go to the school she’s going to so I know she knows other kids there :) can’t believe how quickly it comes round, iwas pregnant on my 21st birthday & my mum wrote in my card ‘make the most of the time you have with your daughter because before you know it it’ll be you writing in her 21st birthday card’ and now Im starting to see how true that is the last 4 years have just flown by, I completely understand you saying about how much Leo changed your life & how it was written in the stars for you, that’s just how I feel about lily I used to stay in bed til the afternoon I don’t really have a ton of friends and you girls have probably notice how much I talk about lily but she’s my absolute world and I have no idea where I would be without her everyday I count my lucky stars that i am her Mummy, I look at her and I am so proud, I’ve never known love like it, i will definitely be the sobbing mum in the playground on her first day at school I’m getting all teary writing this 😂 feels like yesterday I took this picture after just strapping her into her car seat to bring her home for the first time 💗 I can’t wait to do that all again in July 💙

congrats mickey on 12 weeks that’s great! I am sure it’s just laziness on her part! If you saw the heartbeating you know you saw that with your own eyes you don’t need a bit of paper to confirm it :) 

the midwife came Round this morning to check for baby boys heartbeat because I was worried again 🙄 nothing to worry about and she found it straight away 😂 

I’m so sorry babbling on 😂