Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnant after miscarriage

Replies

• Congratulations on your graduation Elexox.

I'm actually not sure about my weight gain. Will weigh myself later and let you know haha 

• I've out on about 9 pounds so far I think. I'm 22 weeks today.

Yesterday was my angel's due date 👼 it went by ok to be honest. This baby will never replace the one we lost but does give us hope and something to look forward to.

• I’m glad it went OK Lisl - I felt the same last week - I think we will always remember the ones we have lost, but have to have hope and focus on the positivity on the new life we are growing :-) 

9lb is good - I just can’t stop eating at the mo!! 

Not sure if it because I‘m sleeping really badly, and am trying to replace the energy......

1 week until my 20 week scan - this has been the absolute longest I have had to wait between scans - I don’t know how you ladies cope, with waiting until 12 and then 20 weeks!! 

Have a good day all XX 

• Glad to hear yesterday went okay lisil, I’m dreading March ☹️ 

Im Driving myself (& oh & my family) crazy with eating! im worried to Eat things, i google everything to make sure it’s okay to eat first, I’m currently sat with a cold sausage roll and I’m scared to eat it because I’ve read you shouldnt eat it cold! but I don’t want a warm one! What do you girls think? Am I just being stupid? Or shouldn’t I eat it. 

• Thanks Mrs Fish - very true words.

Mummytolily thank you to you too. Hopefully March will be ok. Just need to keep thinking positive. As for the sausage roll, I've never actually heard that and would eat it if it was me - asking as it's been cooked at some point and it's not raw it should be fine :-)

• Mummytolily Sausage roll will be fine, it’s only meat that isn’t cooked like raw salamis that you can’t eat - if they are on a pizza they are fine as will have been cooked!  

By March you will be week established with this pregnancy, even though you will never forget your loss, hopefully you will take comfort in the little person you are growing xx 

The thing I am struggling with is prosecco! I am gagging for a glass, which is ridiculous as I never used to drink that much - I keep thinking will I be OK to have just one with Christmas dinner??  When i was pregnant before, it was perfectly OK to have the odd glass here and there...... I have resisted so far, so will try and continue  - I am almost half way!! or 2/3rds if I go early like before! 

• Thanks ladies! And yes I've deffo started to take it easy now! Had my MW appt, all is well with little miss, kicking away head down and back on my left side for now...fundal height measuring exactly where it should be, got another appt for 2 weeks time to check blood. 

How is every else today? 

Mummytolily, it's understandable that you're dreading march! I dreaded June but it went by ok.

Slinky, the leg cramps have settled down now, I just have to watch myself walking too fast or shall I say waddling too fast hahah! 

Lisil, happy 22 weeks! I hope you're ok, it's never nice passing the date but we get through it somehow 🤗 MrsFish good that you can feel your little lady most days now 😁 It's so reassuring isn't it! 

Mrsfish im with you on the can't stop eating! Hungry horris over here 🙋🏻 I mean is it normal to have 4 slices of toast and fruit every morning and still be starving?! 😩 

• Hi ladies, Mummytolily invited me over from another thread!

I hope you are all well. I miscarried 4 weeks ago at 6 weeks. I got my bfp on Monday, I think I was 17dpo (ovulated 10 days after miscarriage started!) 

Anyway, I don’t feel pregnant at all. Not like last time or with my first successful pregnancy over 7 years ago. No sore boobs, cramping or bloating. I tested this morning and my line was strong and came up quickly (which is a good sign) but I can’t help but worry.

Plus I am feeling terribly guilty on my miscarried baby.....Is this weird? I know it was early days but I feel like I haven’t had time to grieve for him/her and I am pregnant again already.

I am obviously over the moon that we conceived again straight away but I can’t help but feel this guilt. 

Thanks for reading x

• Hi ladies wonder if yous have advice i had a MC 28th Oct was only 4 weeks, i only bled for 1 day, we had sex and i got a period week after on 4th nov wasnt heavy but it was there then we had loads of sex after that trying again, period shouldnt be due till Sat but dunno if having a MC changes all that done a clear blue which says 2-3weeks pregnant. Could i be further on than i think? 

• Can inadd i took a preg test 2days after the MC & it said No preg 

• Welcome ladies! Sorry to hear of your losses and congratulations on your bfps! 🎉😁 

Narla, wow that is the fastest I've ever heard someone fall again, congrats wishing you a very sticky bean 🤞🏼The guilty feeling is normal, I think we've all felt it, mummytolily will vouch for that! It does fade as the new pregnancy progresses 🤗 Try not to worry, as I've also said to many others, try and focus on what could go right instead of what could go wrong again. Stay with us, the ladies here have great advice and are so supportive seeing as we're all in the same boat! 😌👶🏻🎉 Also every pregnancy is different, no two are the same and your symptoms might pick up in a few days or the next few weeks. If you're finding yourself constantly worrying, maybe visit your local epu and try and have an early scan? This helped ease my anxiety loads! 

Missmum, it is quite unusual to bleed for only 1 day... however nothing surprises me on these forums anymore. We've had all sorts of crazy things go on with our bodies!! My advice would be to visit an epu and have you blood drawn to check for hcg, depending on your weeks they might or might not scan you, most won't scan before 6/7 weeks... 🤗😁

Fingers crossed for the both of you! 🤞🏼

• Lisil & Mrs fish! thank you, I’m sure you’re right, I should be a bit more prepared by then! Have you bought anything for your little girls yet? 

Hi narla great to see you heAr! Don’t worry about not feeling anything yet my last two pregnancies I felt pregnant straight away where as this time I just felt normal until a week ago! I started getting really bad nausea and stretching pains & I was actually sick at work yesterday 🤮☹️ Don’t think you’ve got off lightly yet 😜

miss mum that is very unusual i bled for nearly 2 weeks but everyone is different, I agree with elexox see if they can take your blood to check your hcg they might be able to roughly tell you how far along you are! 

Elexox I definitely felt the guilt really badly, still do now but its gradually going, I’ve come to realise that just because I’m pregnant again doesn’t mean I dont love and didn’t want my lost baby because I do & did more than anything but sometimes things just arnt meant to be ☹️ How’s your little girl doing? Is everyone here that knows the sex having girls? 😍 

Slinky how are you? Not long until your scan! eeeeeeek! 

• Yes mummytolily, were all having girls haha! I wonder who will throw it off with a boy! Surely one of us haha 👶🏻🌈 a

My girly is brill, bumping around and sticking arms and legs out 😂 She does about 3 different types of movements now and has a definite pattern to them. I can feel movements higher and higher up every week now so that's reassuring! 

Cant believe how cold it is today in London! It actually snowed at around 1/2pm! ❄️⛄️🌬 Going to be -2 here tonight! 

• Someone is bound to have a boy xD! Be a while til I find out! Glad she is doing well!! It’s freezing here to! Couldn’t wait to get in from Work 😂 got the heating on full & looking Forward to having chilli for dinner! 

• Missmum2, I also only bled for 1-2 days after a surgical managed procedure - I bled for 2+ weeks before that!! 

We all here have struggled with anxieties of being pregnant after a loss, so understand how distressing and worrying it is - some of us have struggled to ovulate after the miscariage, whilst others have fallen quickly - everyone is different.  

The first few weeks are really difficult, you don’t know what is going on and rely on symptoms, then if you have unsymptomatic days you worry more - it is a real roller coaster.  I am still really anxious and  almost 20 weeks and can feel baby moving pretty much every day!

We have all experienced similar but unique events, and this is a safe place to discuss your worries - everyone is so lovely and supportive here xxx 

• We had snow in Dartford at around mid-day, just a few flutters tho!! 

So who do we think will be a boy, slinky or Mummytolily?  We can’t all be team pink 💗💗

saying that, I wasn’t 100% 💗 as the cord was blocking, so I might still turn 💙 - I hope not tho as I have a boy already!! 

His Mocks are over, his tonsillitis is gone, and my stress levels have reduced!! 

Saying that i am laughing to myself as his girlfriend is screaming at him coz another girl was flirting with him at school - young love!! Lol xx

• It's been freezing here today! Got in the car this morning after de-icing it, temp read -5 and the windscreen was frozen from the inside!!!! Where are my hot flushes when i need them! 😂 

Mumtolily, I'm good thank you. Just waiting for my scan. It's on Monday and this week is going super slow!! I'm hungry and tired and very moody Haha 

• Thanks ladies, I’ll try not to stress about lack of symptoms and make the most of it!

I look forward to hearing your updates x

• I think they normally bit at around 6 weeks! Make the most of feelin normal x

• Mummytolily, you're right someone is bound to be team blue! My heating has just gone on now, starting to warm up a bit haha! Enjoy your chilli! 

Mrsfish, perhaps a private scan later on in the pregnancy to confirm? Im terrible I still question if she's really a she lol even though she showed us clear as day at both my private 16 week scan and my 20 week scan that she is all girl! 😂💗 fingers crossed you stay team pink! Glad to hear your son is having a better time and therefore you too! 😁

Slinky, I wouldve cried getting into your car seeing -5! 🌬❄️😭 I HATE the cold! I've always felt the cold even in the summer lol and not that keen on winter 😂 Wishing you a speedy weekend so you can get to your scan on Monday! What time is it? Do show us your little sweety? 😍 You're almost done with the first trimester! 🎉

No worries narla, 9 times out of 10 someone will be able to give you an answer to any question 😁 Is this your first baby?