Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Scared for my scan

Hey everyone I'm sure that there are mums to be out do worry about this subject.

I'm 14 weeks with our first baby and have my first scan a week tomorrow and I have had no symptoms whatsoever apart from neausea but I feel like there will be no baby when it comes to the scan I do worry a lot about silly things but because I have done 5 pregnancy tests all positive as well I just feel nervous for my scan we have told our family and I finally told my boss but feel like we are going to be unlucky I know this might sound silly any advice or if anyone been through the same situation. Thank you.

Replies

• Hello. Sorry that you're feeling so anxious at what should be a happy time. Don't let a lack of symptoms worry you, every woman is different.

I remember being similarly convinced before my 12 week scan with my 1st baby that something was going to be wrong. Then we turned up late due to traffic and they said we might not be able to have the scan. I broke down in tears there at the desk. Everything WAS fine in the end.

Rambling point there but what I mean to say is the anxiety is perfectly normal but try not to let it take over.Try to relax and enjoy it. And seeing your baby for the first time on that screen is a wonderful thing 😊 x