Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Advice Please

I'm a nervous wreck. I'm in a serious committed relationship with my boyfriend and this past weekend I took 2 clear blue pregnancy tests and both are positive. I am on birth control (the pill) and have been for 10+ years, I have ZERO symptoms of a pregnancy besides the fact I cannot remember when my last period was (for sure missed Feb & March but may have had spotting in January??) I attributed it to being stressed out at work. I know, that sounds so stupid and I feel stupid for saying it. But being on BC pills, my periods are usually only ever 1-2 days and very light and I never experience cramping or really any PMS so they aren't a huge deal. I did go back and look at when I purchased my BC from the pharmacy and I did miss a whole week towards the end of December. Could I really be there far along (like 17 weeks) and have no signs or symptoms?! I'm freaking out, I told my boyfriend and we have both agreed we aren't ready for a baby: I'm trying to get my student loans paid off this year (30k) so we can build a house, get married and then have kids (2-3 years) I'm running a million dollar company completely on my own and this just is not a good time for us. We have been doing so well sticking to our plan and I think this will just completely derail everything we've been working for! I think the fact that I am freaking out so much pretty much tells me I am not ready for this. I don't know what to do. I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I have an appt with my OBGYN tomorrow morning but I'm so nervous...I'm pro-choice but I never anticipated having to make this decision myself and it's tearing me apart. I'm afraid of any judgement I will get at the doctor's office and the fact that I may be 17-ish weeks along?! I keep questioning every little thing that is going on with my body looking for any sign and I'm driving myself crazy. 

Replies

• Options

Obviously missing pills can make it not effective  but like you've mentioned that was quite a while ago so you'd pretty far on. You would think at this stage you would be having symptoms however some people don't have any. Have you took any more tests, if so what was the result of them? 

I took a CBD test 3 weeks ago which said positive but since all my other tests have been negative. I've kind of convinced myself I'm pregnant i even think I'm imagining symptoms now but like you I'd be about 17 weeks. 

Let me know how you get on x