Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Does anybody go to Queens Hospital?

2»

Replies

• Yeah that would be a good idea, I can't go over there right now it's just madness!!

I have the number for Basildon hospital was going to call them but not really sure who to ask for.

K xx
    8+5
  • Ok I called them and they said I would need to go to them but that I would now need to go to the doctor and get him to refer me to them?

I have no idea if there will be time as my booking in app is on the 13th Jan??? I don;t think my doctors are open till monday and then that leaves just a week?

K xx
    8+5
  • hiya i had my lil girl in quuens med in notts if that were ur on about? the staff there r so nice. my lil girl was in neo natal 4 3 weeks so got 2 no staff at mat wig well. and they have lot of shops and nice reterant there so all in all good x
  • Hello
    i'm crashing from March 09 just to say that have always had good care at basildon and the post natal midwifery and breastfeeding support is much better than at Queens. Its worth remembering that if you book at Queens and are not considered high risk if they are busy when you go into labour that will send you to King georges in Goodmayes which is miles from Chafford.

ps lakside is great for babies - breastfeeding room is a strange green colour but there is one!

Good luck with your preganancy and happy shopping
  • Hi K-lou, sounds like you probably don't need to know now if you're moving but my friend, who was not considered high risk, lives in Romford & had to have her baby at King George's.

Hope all's well with you & the little bean :\)
  • I'm sure if there's not time you could keep your booking appt and maybe be seen over at bas shortly after? Book in with the doctor asap and see what they think hunny, they may be able to squeeze you in, or perhaps arrange your 12 week scan and arrange for you to see the midwife at that practise shortly before or after just so you can meet her, have a chat, let her see your notes from your first booking etc xx