Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

21W - No Movement

hello all!! 

Im currently 21 Weeks and 1 Day Pregnant. Baby is usually very active and kicking and rolling around majority of the day. Been able to feel her move since I was 17 weeks and she has, everyday been active. 

I have a low laying placenta which I'm hoping will move up the further I am into the pregnancy. 

Last night and today I haven't felt moments like she usually does. Ive hardly felt anything. I have drank a cold can of coke and rested and nothing, went for a walk then rested and nothing and now I'm trying a hot cup of coffee!! She moves more around meal times too but not today! 

Any advice welcome :) - starting to worry!! I've had no pain/cramps. I just want something to relax me before I ring the hospital frantically!!! 

Replies

• Options

They say not to count the kicks until 28 weeks as baby has bit of room to move around

i would ring your midwife they might want to do a scan 

• Options

I'm 29 weeks now but had a day, probably around 23/24 weeks when I didn't feel him move for about eight hours, which was really unusual. Advice from midwife was to lie down on left side for two hours, alternate between some hot and cold sugary drinks and just see if it got him moving about. He was back to his normal wriggly self soon after. Have also spoken to a friend about it, who has just had her little girl, and she said she would usually have one day in a week or so when she wouldn't be as active as other days. 

Probably nothing to worry about but if you've tried being led down for a couple of hours and still feel nothing, call your midwife. Also, they're still quite small at 21 weeks so have lots of room to move in ways that might not be as noticeable as other times.

Good luck :)