Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Having a c-section!

Hi all -

My consultant booked me in today for an elective section on 11th june, 2 weeks early!
I am so pleased that I just had to share it with you all - now I'm shittin myself (not literally) but very happy about it too! image

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Awww, congratulations on having a date set. Try not to be too nervous, just focus on the thought of meeting your brand new baby! xx
  • Options
    Oh god, Claire!!!! That's really soon, arghhhh!!! Are you all sorted? Is ur hubby gonna be looking after you afterwards...arghh soo much to plan!!! xxx
  • Options
    Thanks girlies, Saz we went to Mothercare as soon as we got out the hospital today and picked up all the last bits that I need so just gotta relax and wait now. Hubby is gonna be off work for a bit and I got mother coming round to look after me too so it's all good really....just 12 days to go instead of 26!!!
  • Options
    Really? claire you should of told me you were going today - i could of sent you a good luck text this morning at 7 o/clock. So excited for you lovekins.
  • Options
    Crikey Claire, honestly the best of luck to you for it. You are one brave lady!!! 12 days...wow! I have 20 weeks hehe! I'm so glad you're sorted though, can't have you running around towards the end now can we! xx
  • Options
    Yeah Claire you b***ard!!! I'd set my alarm for 7:30 too so you bloomin well woke me up you git!!! xx
  • Options
    Sorry about that, i was cleaning, you know what I'm like - and I didn't want to miss you. Anyway - i thought I was doing you a favour after you overslept yesterday - today was too important!!!!
  • Options
    Ahhhh thanks for thinking of me anyway xxx
  • Options
    Hi claire..
    we probably havent spoken before but im very pleased for you.
    May I ask why your having a C section? I only ask as I was so hoping to have mine early... ive got 32 days left as so swollen, depressed and tired with this pregnancy...
    Thanks xx
  • Options
    Hi claire..
    we probably havent spoken before but im very pleased for you.
    May I ask why your having a C section? I only ask as I was so hoping to have mine early... ive got 32 days left as so swollen, depressed and tired with this pregnancy...
    Thanks xx
  • Options
    Hi preggers lady, I'm having the section cos I have been suffering with SPD since week 16 and I can't have a natural birth cos my knees only open 14cm (much to my husband's disappointment LOL)
  • Options
    Hi, Good luck, will be thinking of you. Let us know how u get on. I am going to have a C section too but have nearly 20 weeks to go. Get a nervous feeling when I think about it, scared stiff but I have friends who have had them and they say no problems. Wow, 13 days time you will have a little person to look after !
    Excellent
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xxxxx
  • Options
    oh bless your heart. thanks and so sorry to be intrusive!...
    sorry to hear you've been suffering too...
    I should just be greatful really, its only because ive got so tired of being swollen, moody and depressive!

never mind... very happy for you though. at least you can plan the actual day, you must be so excited!
    good luck and let us know how everything goes xxx
  • Options
    Hi Claire! Must be a relief to know the actual date, helping you to prepare for things. Take it easy for the next 2 weeks, I'm sure it will fly by!
    Tracey
    xx
  • Options
    Thanks for all your good wishes and preg lady I didn't find your question intrusive at all, don't worry!
    I'm gonna be relaxing a lot over the next two weeks and hopefully going to book a massage, facial, manicure and pedicure all before the big day!
    xxx
  • Options
    Congratulations once more Claire LOL xxx
  • Options
    Congrats and all the best claire. spending some time on yourself 1st sounds like the perfect plan. x
  • Options
    That's great news Claire, you'll soon be out of pain and walking normally again!! Is your daughter looking forward to the new baby? x
  • Options
    Brilliant news claire. At least you can pamper yourself before you go in and not need to shave your legs everyday for 2 weeks just in case todays the day.
  • Options
    hi claire. glad you have got the outcome you wanted. good luck and hope all goes ok for you.xx