Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnancy and the hot weather: how are you keeping cool?

Hi everyone,

We know it’s rare thing over here in the UK to be basking in the heat, but the sun is most definitely out and temperatures are rising!

We also know though that when pregnant, the heat can be stifling and really uncomfortable, so we were hoping you would come and tell us, how are you and your bumps keeping cool in this heat? And if you’ve already had your baby, how did you keep cool when you were pregnant?

Please do come and tell us how you’re fighting the heat by posting a reply to this thread. We’d love to hear from you.

Replies

• by having cold fans blowing on me wimdows wide open and trying to stay out of heat till need to go out otherwise get bad heat flushes 

• Ice cold drinks and ice lollys have been a life saver in this hot weather!! 

• Struggling in the heat I must say. I'm 24+5 weeks with a little boy and finding it hard and uncomfortable coping with hot flushes. At work and home I have windows open and a fan with  cold drink but looking for tips on staying cool whilst out and about. I did buy some magicool but it's only a very quick fix I find x 

• It is such a struggle. It helps to stay hydrated, in the shade if you can and most importantly dress appropriately. I've recently bought some new dresses from Seraphine and they are keeping me going. Roomy and loose while being fashionable - can't deal with tight clothes in the heat - no more trousers for me. Made life easier ladies. 

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our