Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

getting baby to move...

...I am 25 weeks and regularly feel baby move but today he/she has been quiet... What do you find starts your baby moving ??

Replies

• Options
    a cold drink or ice lolly are what is suggested!
    it never got my little one going though!! i am now 36 weeks though and feeling it alllllll the time!!
  • Options
    something very very cold to drink and lie flat on ur back. Works for me everytime! She jiggles like mad!
    xxx
  • Options
    cold or fizzy drink, then a lie down xx
  • Options
    My doctor's booklet says to do this if you are worried: drink a coke or other caffienated drink quickly (within 5 minutes) and lay on your left side. The baby should move a few times within an hour. If not, call the mw.
  • Options
    I've tried all of the above but baby just moves when she wants to and that's that :roll: it just shows they are all so different already xx
  • Options
    cold drink seems to work for pip. its my only vice at the moment and seems to get her/him going.lol.
  • Options
    I was going to suggest as others have, lie down for a while and try and relax... guzzle a cold (fizzy) drink and play some music loud!
    Always got my DS kicking and seems to have the same effect on this little Beanio too.
    If after an hour or so, you have felt nothing, I'd call MW.
    Sarah xx
  • Options
    Aside from the leaflet I mentioned, I'm with Huni on this. In my experience with my bubs it will move when its ready and not before!