Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Possibly pregnant after DnC

hey thank you for reading- I recently lost a baby at 6w but didn't know until 11w- I had a DnC 5 weeks and 3 days ago... about a week ago I had a lot of white discharge, didn't itch or smell or irritate me, just noticed it a lot, I haven't had it since then, just normal curvical mucas   , recently my back has ached now and then, I tea taste's weird now and then, coffee tastes like shredded wheat. Iv done a clear blue and other tests but they've all been negative. With my last pregnancy i suffered really sore boobs and constipation- constipation only slight started today- usually I have a bad tummy a few days before AF... my partner thinks I'm pregnant again and apart of me feels like I am but I'm just confused and want to know if anyone's had this before? I know my hormones and hcg is back to normal. 

Thank you x

Replies

• Havent done a clear blue digital thou. Just normal tests x

• Hi hun, sorry to hear about your MC. 

Normal advice is that it usually takes four to six weeks for your periods to return after a miscarriage, although it can take longer to settle into a regular cycle. If pregnancy tests are coming back negative you'll have keep watching and waiting for Af to arrive. After my miscarriage it took almost 8 weeks for my period to come back...

The CM you describe could just be normal for what ever phase you at in your cycle, and the back aches and taste changes could be PMS related.

If you dont get your period within a few weeks and tests are still negative, perhaps visit a doctor as it could be due to retained products from MC.

I hope it all goes well for you x

• I took a clear blue and got the most smallest faintest of line but I'm not sure if it was evap line or a faint positive- in suffering period like pains today every so often- luckily I brought pads in case but usually I bleed after sex when I'm due on (I think my partner helps bring it on lol) and it's not happened. Symptoms of PMS are more than symptoms of pregnancy now xx

• Wish you all the best hun, really hope you get your BFP

I ended up having a chemical pregnancy in January this year straight after my miscarriage which was at the end of November 16, which was so sad but I am pregnant again now (21 weeks), so there is always hope no mater what happens.