Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Maternity clothes: did you buy many? Or just buy ‘normal’ clothes a few sizes bigger? 

Hello,

We’d love to know what you think about maternity clothes. Are you buying/did you buy a whole load of maternity-label things to wear during your pregnancy – or do you/did you just stick with ‘normal’ clothes but go up a few sizes?

And if you did buy maternity clothes, where did you buy them from? 

Please do let us know by replying to this thread, we’d love to hear from you!

Replies

• I work from home, and I am quite petite so I have been wearing my husbands shirts as he is quite tall and muscular, but have recently been noticing that they dont fit as comfortable anymore, and have been buying maternity dresses and skirts. I find Maternity labeled clothing much more comfortable that bigger size regular clothing.

• Meant  to write Than not that in second last line

• I think there is a certain size ur bump gets to when u need maternity for the extra length because u kinda end up with half ur bump on show even if u buy bigger size clothes. Also maternity are so much more comfortable. And if ur buying bigger clothes u might aswell spend that money on those maternity and not have to buy more and more clothes in bigger sizes 

• I'm only 14 weeks but iv just got some maternity leggings and jeans (from Asda btw, cheap and brilliant quality, got online as never seen in store) the jeans are a little big but the leggings are fantasti, my normal ones were getting a bit nippy round my waist and sitting down the waist band was digging in I'm a size 18 so im not thin but definitely buying maternity clothes over sizing up normal clothes, maybe smaller people sizing up would work? But for me maternity clothes is the way to go....I don't need any maternity tops yet as they seem to be fine as the style of tops I owned before I got pregnant are a oversized flowy style.