Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Really worried plz help

Hi we had our 7week scan today and we still could only see the yolk sac  she said it didn't look good and baby didn't grow she has offered us another scan in two weeks have i miscarried or could baby still be to small in my book I should be about 8weeks but they scan is saying 7 as my last period was the 4th may plz help as we don't want to loose a 3rd baby took us two years to fall pregnant this time round 

Replies

• Options

Don'tlose hope yet! That's good you saw something... perhaps you ovulated late this last cycle? How long are your cycles usually? If you usually have long cycles then you will have ovulated later & therefore not be as far along as the doctor thinks you are... their dating is based on the first day of your last period & making the assumption that you have a 28 day cycle. 

How long are your cycles usually? 

i also had 2 losses Before having our son so know how scared you must feel but you are definitely not out of hope yet!

you can ask your doctor to do a 'quantitative hcg' blood test... this measures the exact level of pregnancy hormone in your system... you have 1 test then repeat it in 48 hours... if the numbers have gone up then that's a positive sign.. if they have gone down then that usually indicates that the baby has passed away. 

Good luck & keep me posted!

• Options

Thanks I'm in limbo the now and don't know what to think I'm really hoping it's still there I'll call my Dr on Monday and ask for bloods to be done and thanks for replying  x