Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Morning sickness: what actually helps?

Hi everyone,

If you’ve suffered with morning sickness, you’ll know how utterly debilitating it can be, so we’re wondering what you might have found that actually helps?

Please do come and tell us about anything that’s helped with your morning sickness, by posting a reply here and here’s to a really useful, helpful thread for all!

Replies

• Options

Honey, lemon juice and LOTS of grated ginger in hot water was my go to drink or lucozade isotonic if it was late at night and I didn't fancy waddling down to the kitchen 🤣

• Options

I found ginger biscuits and oranges really helped me through the morning sickness

• Options

Ice lollies and mints helped me :) 

• Options

I have found that banana's help me reduce mine.. also just snacking, usually on dry foods help with my morning sickness too image

• Options

Smaller meals helped me and less snacking. Ginger was great too.

• Options

Ginger Biscuits , ice lollies, fresh fruit helped me xx

• Options

Sorry to jump on your post but also interested to see what helps other people my morning sickness has got worse and worse over past few days am 8 weeks and seriously can't even sip water with out bringing it back I've never felt so terrible all I seem to do I sleep and be sick I'm being sick over 15 times a days is that even normal ? 

• Options

JessM, im no medical professional but it sounds like you could have hyperemesis gravidarum. Id contact your midwife or even GP! Medication is often prescribe to stop the sickness too even if its not hyperemesis gravidarum. 

I suffered from morning sickness at the begining of this pregnancy (30 weeks + 3) now and still get abit of nausea and even be sick every now and again. Morning sickness is totally normal though so dont worry yourself :)