Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

VERY VERY FAINT line on first response test!

Replies

• I'll have to get one tomorrow, it'll be a nervous night tonight! x

• Oh no!! image if u can get one first thing, try not to have a wee (if u can!) and use the first urine of the day to take the test! Xx
  • With have PCOS my periods are very unreliable. My partner and i have been TTC for 6 months (i know its not that long) but this month something feels different jn a way i cannot describe. I'm up to my 45 day in my cycle. My period was due 2 days ago. I've had a temp all week of 37.1 - 37.4 and been having some strange light cramps on and off for the last 2 - 3 weeks. I've had no other symptoms as such, I took a HPT today and it was negative, with a very faint positive line. I am going to test tomorrow morning and the following days afterwards. Trying not to get my hopes up, but it would be a lovely surprise christmas present for my partner and I. Do you think the faint line could be a BFP or not??? HELP!!!!
  • I had faint line to start with! And doc said any line no matter how faint means positive try a digital as they're so much easier to read.
  • I agree with charliee. Take a clearblue digital. It'll give u a definite answer! Good luck x
  • Is it better to take the digital ones in the morning it whenever??? Obviously the morning would be more accurate.
  • I took two at night both the same day as my faint lines. I'd also run out of urine as I'd been weeing all day haha so had to test with small amount they both came back pregnent so I think there the most accurate!
  • Hi my period was lighter than normal so I did a first response test any way the line came up very faint.. My bf accidently bought me an ovulation kit so I googled if they can be used to determine if you are pregnant and google said yes ... I did 5 tests through out the day an they all came up very strong lines .. So I waited until the next morning to do a first response pregnancy one again and it came up fainter than the first one I did ... Like you can barely see the line ... Can't get into my doctor for 2 more days can some one help :/ am I pregnant ?
  • Use a clearblue digital!!!
  • I can't find them anywhere where I am :/
  • Was just wondering if that was a normal thing to happen if you are very early pregnant
  • Also can you talk yourself into having symptoms ???
  • I have tested twice this afternoon. Both faint lines. I was due yesterday but getting cramp pains. Will test again in 2 days. X x
  • I'm a little freaked out as well.  I'm 5 days late (am never late), so I took a First Response this morning and got a very very faint line, but it was there.  I then took another test a few hours later and nothing, a clear negative but still no signs of even getting close to starting.  This all concerns me since I had a tubal ligation March of '08.  My chances of having an ectopic are pretty high.  So I don't know if I should call the doctors and be seen, only to find out that I was being paranoid or just wait a few more days and test again.  So stressed out image

• I did two more tests a day later and the lines were darker. Booked an appt with the nurse and she confirmed tests are accurate.

Kairi. ...leave it another dsy or so and retest. If you are in doubt see doctor. Good luck x
  • Hi everyone, i did an pregnancy test yesterday morning, and their was an very faint line, almost invisible to the naked eye. Yesterday evening i started with my period but its not like i usually flow, it much lighter. What do you think that means, can I get my period and be pregnant at the same time.

Please help, don't know what to think.....

• Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site, I had 3 failed IVF cycles and right now on my 4th attempt. I did a first response test 9 days post a 3 day transfer and got a very faint line. It has been 14 days since my HCG shot, which has always gone out of my system by 8 to 10 days with my previous IUI and IVF cycles.

Family members have also see the faint line just to make sure my eyes are not deceiving me. It's a bit exciting and scary too at the same time because I don't want to get my hopes up again only to find out the blood test on Wednesday come out negative. Any thoughts/experiences with anyone?
  • Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site, I've done 3 Ivf cycles and this is my 4th attempt. I did a first response test 9 days post transfer and got a very faint line for the first time. My hcg is out of the system in 8 to 10 days and today is 14 days post hcg shot.

Family members have seen the faint line, so I know my eyes are not deceiving me! I have a blood test on Wednesday so I'm bit excited and worried too because getting hopes up in the past has got me negatives with a blood test in my previous IUI and Ivf cycles. I'm 38 now and trying for 2 and a half years with no luck at all.

Any thoughts/experiences anyone?
  • Hi im new to this site!! Iv had a faint positive an done a few over the last 3 days an none are getting darker!! Im freaking out a bit as i have a 5 month old an this is a total shock as we have been extremaly careful!! Could it be wrong?? Xx
  • Monica hi, my sister has had ivf this year an is now 24 weeks pregnant!! She had the same a faint positive then done a clear blue an it said pregnant an then had the bloods donecto confirm!! Good luck an keeping my fingers crosses fir you xx