Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

VERY VERY FAINT line on first response test!

Replies

• Options
    I would say if you ovulated earliavthan usual its very possible! Did the faint line come back in the time stated on the test?? I had a very faint line friday11/1/13 11 dpo an tested again today an its considerably darker!! Test again in a few days an if its darker you must be pregnant good luck x
  • Options

hey guys, i took a digital pregnancy test this morning to get a rough idea how far i am, and it came back "not pregnant" totally confused here!! im still getting my bloods done on monday so we will see, just thought id let you guys no whats going on.

• Options
    Jaysmumma i had the exact samething last month got positive on first response an clear blue digital but done another clear blue digital 3 days later an it came back not pregnant got my bloods done an negative then come on 3days after the negative clear blue!! Chemical pregnancy hope its not the same for you good luck
  • Options

Im soo confused now, i did 3 pregnancy tests, 2 first response and 1 clear blue digital, the 2 first response had faint lines and the digital said pregnant 1-2, so i gathered i was pregnant, that was from the 28th to the 31 december, i booked an appointment to see the doctor, and because the digital test only stays on for 24hours i took another test but it came back negative, but i was getting pregnancy symptoms, i was feeling sick, had cramping which i thought was my uterus stretching, my boobs were stinging and the veins in them were unbelieveable, bloating etc, i went to the doctors and he took a urine sample and in the sample was this weird looking thing (looked like when u crack an egg and the chick has started forming) i had the same thing the day before abd had no idea what it was, i asked the doctor and he had this weird look on his face and asked if id had cramping or bleeding i said yes i had cramping but thought it was my uterus stretching and preparing and had a bit of bleeding not only when i wiped which i thought was implantation bleeding, he then said he was suspecting i was either having a miscarriage or i was going to have one, he still did my bloods and put urgent on them, i woke up the next morning feeling dizzy and just not myself, i went to work and later that morning i felt something coming out down there, so i raced to the toilet and it was a clot and bleeding, i went back to the doctors that afternoon to get my blood results and he said nothing came up in my bloods and that i was definatly pregnant and had miscarried, i told him that i started bleeding, i was so upset and crying histercially by the time i got home, it affected me the whole week after emotionally, i was sore from the cramping and stuff, i went back to work 3 days ago,but i still have this feeling im pregnant, ive had cramping and for the last 2 days ive had bad headaches, exhaustion and a bit of dizziness, at the beginning of my period i was taking soy isoflavones, which is like clomid but natural i took them cycle days 3-7 and felt myself ovulate, we had sex on the 21st of december the day i ovulated and about half an hour later i got this really  bad headache and got really hot, the hot flushes lasted most of the day, i know it sounds wird but i was convinced the egg was fertilized, they say the soy tablets do the exact same as the clomid well with that comes twins, i realised that when the doctor did my bloods it was before my period was due, i was suppost to get my period on the 10th of January, but started bleeding from the misacarriage, i thought that maybe i might have been carrying twins and maybe lost one, as i still feel weird and have bloating and tiredness and today i felt sick again, i took a test and it said negative, so i dont know whether to go back to my doctor and ask for another blood test as the first one would have been to earrly to tell, if i was pregnant id be 6 weeks tomorrow i think, anyone have any advice because im sure as hell confused, or has anyone had a simular thing happen HELP

• Options
    Sunshine sorry to hear of your pain best to get medical advice. All my tests showed negative despite ALL preg symptoms. Then Thursday got rushed to hospital as collapsed and had horrendous bleed with clots. Turned out I was 5 weeks and suffered early miscarriage. I am a mess still bleeding heavy with awful cramps. Very emotional. Husband keeps telling me it wasn't really a baby at that stage but doesn't make the pain any less.

Sleep well my beautiful angel on your pillow in the sky, angels are forever so we'll never say goodbye. :'(

Good luck to you and let us know how you get on x x x
  • Options

ive done two test already they both showed the faint line. after two days my periods started and im bleeding heavily. is this normal or does it mean i had an early miscarriage?

• Options
    Sounds like a chemical pregnancy Hun if its a proper period. If in doubt go see your doctor. Wishing you all the best x
  • Options
    His everyone, just letting you no I have my blood test done and got the results back today and it turns out I'm not pregnant image that's what I get for getting my hopes up image oh well maybe next time.
  • Options

Hi! I am 11 dpo, and I used a First response and got a very faint line this morning. Of course I jumped the gun and ran to the doc for a blood test, which was negative. They didn't want to do it except I'd had the positive... Except when leaving the docs I started cramping and having a very very light period/spotting. I've had brown CM the last few days, but just barely. Severe tender nipple and awful naseau and no appetite...Do you think it was a false positive? Or did it just not stick and that's why there WAS a positive image I'm so bummed. 

• Options

Hey guys! will you please help me? I took a FR test and these are my results. There is a VERY faint positve but its kind of hard to see.... I want to know if I am imagining the line or if you can see it too? also, is it dark enough to be pregnant? I JUST got off birth control about a month ago and I am due to have my period in a week to two weeks at the most. Thanks for your help!! 

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-lcPEQsjks1A/UQQ9L36KQeI/AAAAAAAAAGA/Ftv_vbi8h_w/s501-p-k/IMG_0315.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-tBZ-hmoMQ9c/UQQ9MavFxZI/AAAAAAAAAGI/1mT8UG3humk/s501/IMG_0321.jpg

• Options
    Hi I'm new to this site iv done 2 FR tests today, and they have the faintest line possible that has since disappeared !! Am I pregnant ?? Please help

Me and my husband have been trying for 3 years and we are currently on our first cycle of IUI we are both so confused and very emotional please help !!
  • Options
    stephanie2 the picture hasnt come up! samantha brown i wouls say use a clear blue digital it will give u a definative answer x
  • Options
    Hi I don't no if my last post came up but I would really like some advice. I had stopped my pill and been trying for a baby. I haven't had a period yet so I done a test and on the clear blue test a very faint cross came up. The next day I done two of boots own test that stated that you needed to do the test on the day of your missed period. Of course tho I don't no when that is and they both came up negative. Later on that evening I done two first response tests and they both came up positive very strong cross. I don't no now weither I'm pregnant or not! Please help! Xx
  • Options
    Hi I took a first response pregnancy test today and it was an extremely faint positive, I'm due for my period in 2 days I'm totally confused I had slight spotting mid cycle for 2 1/2 days only there when I wiped I'm now experiencing creamy white thick cervical mucus. I'm extremely tired all the time I'm moody which I'm not normally like this before my period and having cramping like period is coming, my nipples and breasts are really itchy. Also my dog had been acting strange towards me sniffing and licking my belly and belly button and has to sleep on my tummy he's not normally like that and when I leave him he sits at the door sooking And waits until I get back? I'm a bit confused as to what's happening!! Please help.
  • Options

I also took the first response pregnancy test.  The line was very very faint when I first took it.  I am waiting to recheck with another test.  I am a few days late with my period.  I had no spotting in between my cycle but I have had some slight cramping.  It's not cramping I normally get when I have my period. 

• Options

i've had a pregnancy test of the family planning clinic and took a pregnancy test in the morning the one line is dark and the other is faint but can see it; does this mean im pregnant?

• Options
    Ok so I don't know if my last post came up, but I'm in the same situation, this past few days I have had Aunt Flo like cramping, a little nausea, I also haven't been feeling myself, I don't know how to explain it but just feel different, Aunt Flo was due yesterday, I Took two digital tests which to use correctly you have to place the pee stick into the monitor, the monitor read not pregnant, but when I removed both the pee sticks they both had a very very very faint, barely noticeable second blue line, which you can only see at a certain angle and in a certain light but there's defo nap other line there?? What do you all think? Could I be pregnant ? Ay responses would be great? Thanks
  • Options

Hi ButtonBoo,

Have you taken another test today??

• Options
    Hi ladies! Wanted to pop back and share my exciting news! Got my bfp finally just over a week ago! I am 5 + 4 now and have my first midwives appoint today (yes on a Sunday!) they got me on quick because I am so anxious I will mc again.

Lots of love luck and baby dust to you all image

Button boo: you aren't supposed to read lines on a digital, they are just evaporation lines. I learnt this as I literally became obsessive! Best advice I can give is to wait and test after you're missed period. Easier said than done. Also take pregnacare conception! Started after mc and fell again straight away.

Best of luck girls x x x
  • Options

Mine was a "chemical pregnancy,"  just to leave an update. Pretty crazy that I conceived so soon off the pill! It was after my 1st normal cycle. 2 months after stopping pills. I know I wanted every detail possible when posting first time so here goes:  I did have a withdrawl period after finishing my last pack,  and then a normal period before conception. So, I knew pretty much what my cycle would look like and was able to start tracking ovulation which really really helped. I used a daily ovulation kit, fertility friend.com (which calculations on their site suggested I may be preggo before I took a test) and tracked CM. I had all the symptoms of preggo, after ovulation and think I know exactly what night I had implantation. My nipples were so tender that my bras felt like sand paper, I became so nauseated I couldn't eat anything, extreme fatigue, and well....I just knew. These aren't my normal PMS symptoms either.  I had my blood test and miscarriage all in the same day, but the test before anything started happening, except I had had Brown CM for 2-3 days before hand, but I didn't mention it. So they didn't do any number testing, as we are military and unless they thought I was having a MC they only tested just pass/fail. I didn't know to ask for numbers, or to tell them about the Brown CM, but Next time I will know what that means, if it happens. I had pretty mild cramping to start with on the Mc, and then about a day and a half of bleeding, med-heavy with accompanying  pretty bad cramps. Crawl in bed can't move cramps. Migraine induced by stress and worry to add to my misery. My AF is usually 4-5 days, and the cramps haven't been bad like that since getting off of BC. I did have a yeast infection afterwards (TMI sorry, but I think it may have been the cause?) and a flu shot earlier that week before the MC, which I have read some women say that a flu shot has caused their Mc's so who knows, as well as I flew, and traveled. Doc thought I was right about MC given symptoms of the bleeding and positive test at home (First response). Of course I obsessed for days afterwards maybe it was just bleeding like some women have and bought a digital and it was negative by then.  ::rant:: I hate that term.  Chemical Pregnancy. I'm sorry, but that was my baby. Maybe to someone who didn't want it, it was just a chemical reaction, but not to me. Not to me. :: End rant ::  Oh well.  We will try again this month, Hubs was gone on training deployment for all of this, so that gave me time to collect myself at least... baby dust to you all.