Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I need second opinions..

So, As of today I am 2 weeks late for my period. I'm in my early 20s and have always been spot on with my period. Never irregular. If I am pregnant I would be 3 weeks right now. I've taken four home pregnancy  tests that say negative. Though I went to the doctor and she said most pee tests, even the ones at the hospital will not show positive until after 4-5 weeks pregnant. The only systems she notices is my constipation and sickly feeling. I need second opinions.

Replies

• Options

If your two weeks late for your period you should be 5-6 weeks pregnant if you are pregnant? Although some women ovulate late

When was the first day of your last period? Doctors should work it out how far pregnant you would be from that until a scan proves otherwise.  

I have longer cycles than average sp it doesnt work for me but that's still how the medical professionals do it.  

Basically you count 4 weeks back from your missed period then start adding time top as you go.  

So by your point of missed period you should be about4 weeks (you should ovulate st week 2, them conception/implantation occurs between 2-4.  At 4 weeks you miss your period.  so if you missed your period at 4 weeks and your 2 weeks past that, it would be 6 weeks pregnant if you are pregnant.  

A bis test is more sensitive and definite way of searching for pregnancy hormones 

• Options

Blood test rather not bis test