Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Being pregnant: did you give your baby bump a name?

Hello,

While you were pregnant, or if you're pregnant now, did you give your baby bump a name? 

Please do come and tell us if your bump has a name, and who named it, by posting a reply to this thread. We’d love to hear from you! 

Replies

• My current bump is called Carrot. #1 was Turnip and #2 was Swede. 

• I can't remember what I called my 1st this pregnancy bump is called "blue" because it was the size of a blueberry when it became real for us 

• My SIL always called her bump Elvis, and then gave her son that as his middle name. We always called our bump peanut or prawn - we still call our eldest 'little peanut' now, and she's 8! 

• My first baby bump was called Pickle.

This one is Spud 

😍😍😍

• karen, do you call your child Pickle now? 

• That is her nickname, yeah :)

• We call ours bean 💚☺️

• My first was always the wriggly piglet and buster- carried on calling him Buster for ages. 

My second was called Dave or pudding and we do still sometimes call him pudding. 

This one gets called Alan! No idea why?! I doubt it will stick around when he/she arrives! 

• We called ours Emerson (the embryo) throughout the pregnancy. We gave it as a middle name once our daughter arrived and I still sometimes call her that

• We called current bump Bilbo yolk, which evolved to bilbosaurus, Bilbo jelly baby and then just Bilbo. Once we found gender out (girl) it didn't feel right using Bilbo so it changed to bilby 

• They're great names!

Ours was called Baby Bo because our surname starts with 'Bo'. Although when we found out it was a boy we started to call him Harrybo- like the sweets. Haha.

• Ours is called Sprogladite, my husband named it and thinks it sounds like something from Dr Who. 

• Our daughter was nicknamed Jaffa because Jaffa Cakes (or the German equivalent) were one of the few things I could eat.  Our son was nicknamed Bibbles because that was the name I gave to his movements.