Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnancy and holiday insurance

I am going abroad to Spain next week and struggling to find a holiday insurance to cover my pregnancy. I am only 10 weeks pregnant bit googled all sorts to find a cover but none state pregnancy cover. 

I have tried using normal comparisons sites but it won't let me add pregnancy as a condition. Can any one help me?

I don't want to take out a normal policy and not be covered if any thing happened because I knew before I flew I was pregnant if that makes sense.

Thanks 

Replies

• Options

You probably need to ring the travel insurance providers yourself as this sort of insurance will vary from woman to woman, there won't be a set package suitable for all

• Options

Hey! I'm going to Corfu when I'm 20-21 weeks and was in your position too. I got travel/phone/breakdown cover through my bank (Lloyd's silver).. I called them up and they cover me whilst pregnant also x

• Options

I get cover through my bank account (TSB) they stated that i am covered as they don't count pregnancy as medical condition really.

I'd say give your bank a call and see if you have insurance already, and if not see if they will arrange cover for you.