Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Please no more iron

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there is anything I can take vitamin wise that doesn't contain iron. I am constipated and bloated and basically really really uncomfortable and I've been told it is probably the iron in my pregnacare that is doing it. I am 11 weeks today so only need to take the folic acid for another couple of weeks but I really want to keep up the multi-vitamins as my diet isn't great (as very sick too) and with all this flu stuff about I want to be as strong as possible. With regard to the constipation and bloating I've tried prune juice, dried apricots, fruit and fibre and husks mixed in a drink all to no avail so any advice here would be gratefully received too.

Thanks

Kate xx

Replies

• have you tried lactulose? its prescribed from the doc and safe in pg, its just you need the iron when your pg as being anememic is no fun and a common pg side effect.

i found lactulose really works and im on iron tablets

xxDBx
  • Thank you DB I'll speak to the doc tomorrow. I just went to pharmacist they said there aren't multi-vits without iron so maybe I'll take them every other day for a bit until it eases?
  • have you tried orange juice?