Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Do you remember?

2»

Replies

• lol anyone remember a programe called The word ... or another cartoon called Fraggle rock? I loved that!

there was another kids programe where the toys came to life when the kids left the room (no i dont mean toy story) it was way before that!! any one know what it was called i used to really believe it lol and try and catch my dolly's out! haha

I loved My little pony and care bears! sucha girlie girl lol! x
  • I can't remember half of the last lot - I'm obviously too old LOL!!

Lee - I actually do remember that Singing Tree thing - that was sooo scary! Mind you Pipkins wasn't without it's nightmares - and did you all used to go round saying 'Portlaaaay the Pig' for years after in a really bad brummy accent? Or maybe that's just me!

There seems to be two decades of rememberance here - the 70's (me sigh....) and the 80's. Is anyone here as old as me? I'm a 1970 babe.....

Karenxx
    27+1

Ooh one more - did you all used to go round saying Jim Bad (in a really long drawn out way) when something was good? I'm actually cringeing now! We should put our old school photos up - now that would be embarrassing!
  • lol i'm an 80's Baby! x

But all our children are going to be 00's (naughties) lol we'll all be singing iggle piggle and whatever else it is they watch now a days? and know all the words off by heart! lol
  • I was born in October 1969 - therefore, my childhood tv memories are mostly 70s (too uncool to be watching the 80s stuff lol)

Good Saturday mornings to me were the Banana Splits or Multi-coloured swap shop not Philip Schofield and Gophers!

I remember Bod and the frog in it whose big decision of the day was what flavour milkshake he wanted with each orchestra section chosing different flavours! I also remember waiting til Pebble Mill at 1 had finished because there was either Barnaby Bear on or a magic panda called Izzy No Ho!

Pacer mints and golden nugget bubble gum, cola cubes, pineapple chunks, tom thumb drops and candy sticks that actually had paper on them to make them look like proper cigarettes!

Have since lived through the age of Tots Tv with eldest, tweenies with youngest and havent got a clue what kids watch these days and what the "in" cartoon is as my 6 yr old is addicted to naff old godzilla films and scooby doo!!!!
  • my god!!!! think i laughed at every one of that list!!! thank you i needed that laugh xx
  • Shazlnx, oh my god how funny reading the above! I remember everything that you wrote about!!!! Just had a right good giggle especially when I started to sing the number for live & kicking and then looked down and you had it there!!!! As someone said before you can tell how old someone is by what they remember. I am almost 28 take it your about the same?
    Tammi xxx
    27+2
  • im 22 hun. 0 1 8 1 8 11 81 81 hahahaha xx
  • Well still from the 80's!!!
    xxx