Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

29 weeks pregnant have to be monitored and steroid injections

Hi just Wondering if anyone has been in my position and can offer some advice as I’m worried,my baby is measuring small at 29 weeks so have to go to hospital for monitoring and steroid injections till I have my next growth scan in 2 weeks,has anyone ever gone full term after having these injections and are the chances of giving birth early looking high for me,thanks 

Replies

• steroid Injections won’t have any affect on whether our baby is delivered early... they just help speed up the baby’s lung development incase they are born early... its a precaution if the doctors are concerned that you might (I’m assuming for you they think they might have to deliver the baby early if the growth has slowed down meaning the placenta might not be functioning properly). 

With my son I had steroid injections at 26 weeks due to threatened early labor (I was having contractions)... I was in hospital for a few days until they got the contractions under control, was given the steroids incase he came early & then on meds for the rest of the pregnancy to stop the contractions getting bad again. I went to 38 weeks with him so worked out great ☺️. But my situation was different... no concerns about growth which seems to be the issue for you. If you have any questions or concerns then definitely ask your doctor to explain things. Take a friend or family member with you too if you can so they can be a second set of ears as there might be a lot of information for you to try and remember. 

good Luck!

• Thank you for replying I was at hospital today an my bump is measuring 28weeks when I’m 29+3 and the baby should be nearly 3lb but weighing 2lb something but I dont think that’s that bad even the lady who was seeing me didn’t think it was bad an didn’t understand why I was there so I’m hoping now when I have my growth scan on 3rd November she has grown a bit so I don’t have to go hospital twice every fortnight,and wow them steroid injections ain’t the best ha didn’t feel so good getting them