Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Low Amniotic Fluid

We had an awsome time at the Baby Show! When Daddy came to pick us up he even said he'll join us next year!

Replies

• Hi,

I'm new to this website but I was just wondering if anyone has had or has low amniotic fluid?

I am 28w +4 and today I had to have a scan to check my baby's kidney development as they measured too large at 20 week scan. Luckily they were fine but, they then told me he is too small for dates and the amniotic fluid around him low. They checked placenta was functioning properly and it is and they monitored his heart rate. I have to go back on Wednesday to see the Consultant to discuss whether i need weekly monitoring or not.

Sorry this thread is a bit long winded I would appreciate hearing from anyone with the same problem.

Thanks x
  • hi. i had this with my 4th pregnancy. but it was due to my waters leaking at 34 weeks. i was monitored weekly and scanned weekly as well and had doppler scans 2 weekly. they always looked at the placanta bloodflow to the umbilical cord and checked my babies kidneys and lungs every week. as low fluid can apparently interfere with the development of the lungs. this worried me but with the weekly scans i was much more reassured. and i went into labour at 38 weeks and gave birth to a healthy baby girl.
    best to ask questions at your appointment and be reassured. try not to worry too much. the chances are you will be ok. take care.xxx