Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

3 miscarriages and think i have a positive test. Also can't stop smoking

Hello all. I have had 3 miscarriages since October 2016. Did a test this morning 5 days before my period is due I swear there is an extremely faint line there. Worried in case I am just imagining it because I want it to be positive that much. Has anyone else felt like this or experienced this. Also I am a heavy smoker I cannot stop although i will try and cut down at least worried that me smoking is causing my miscarriages am I being silly. I know it is selfish to smoke whilst pregnant but I can't help it I am so addicted xxxx

Replies

• I'm sorry to say that studies have linked smoking with miscarriages. Although of course it may not be what is causing yours. It's well worth a visit to your gp as they can offer lots of support with cutting down/stopping.

As for the test, 5 days before AF is due is very early to be getting positive. Do you have a picture of the test? I think most early testers wait until at least 10dpo although of course to save on heartache it is best to wait until you've missed your period.

Good luck x