Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Had early pregnancy assessment 2day !

Hiya to all who gave me advice when i was asking what to expect 2day . Been and had my early pregnancy assesssment this morning as had some brownish discharge and bit of spotting yesterday ( just beige 2day ) they gave me a normal scan but as am only 6wk couldnt see very well so i then had internal scan where i could then see the sack yolk and pulsating blob which was heartbeat . They also told me that if was still worried about discharge in few days to go to GP who would do some swabs .

Feel bit better now as had very sleepless night last night , but also cant wait for my 12wk scan ! god i envy these women who dont find out they are expecting till they are 12wk plus ! xx

Replies

• Glad it all went ok and there was the heartbeat there. Hope you can relax a little bit now and that time flies by for you to that 12 week scan!
  • Hope so hoping that when my other 2 go bk to school time will go quicker if you know wot i mean school run, dance lessons swimming etc xx
  • April 23rd is the date i have been given at mo and this does tally up with wot i think 2 , how bowt you ? we must be fairly close dates are we ? Is this your 1st ?x
  • Yeh i do to seems like the 2wks that ive known have been like 2mths ! its my 3rd but am very excited as we have quite big age gap in this and other 2 , was a now or never baby , Got to start all over again as got rid of everything , but great excuse to shop loads !!
  • Wish id seen them , only got 2 pair of trousers that i can wear and be comfy in already but like you was worried bowt buying things cause of the spotting . Has your spotting stopped now ?
  • Hi Ya Sprout and Kelly 149.

Glad to hear all went well. I too had a crap nights sleep but got to see my baby and its heartbeat. What a relief. Still not trying to get too excited and trying really hard to keep it secret from everyone til next scan. My dates seemed to be right, so should be due around 12 April. Next scan is on 18 Sept so only just over 2 wks to go and I cant wait.

xx

• Glad everything went well for you today tuppence

Hilary