Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First mw appointment

Saw my mw today and she took my BP which was 116/45. She says it is very low and they will keep an eye on it. I have also lost weight since I weighed myself a couple weeks ago which is also worrying me.
Again she said they will keep an eye on it.
I was hoping that she would examine my stomach but I suppose 10 weeks is too early to feel anything.
I am having a scan on Monday and see the consultant 24 Sept, but don't you sometimes feel that they won't see you enough to "keep an eye on everything" prob being stupid I know.
It's just that for the past 6 months I have been ill with one infection after another and worry what effect it may have had on my lo. :\?

Replies

• hi mini, i also have low blood pressure but my mw always said that was fine she never worried about it and yours is higher than mine was back then. I know what you mean about not being seen enough because they really don't, my mw only saw me every month back then, i'm now 37 wks and i see her every fortnight now but if you ask me it's not enough! I hope everything turns out ok at the scan i'm sure it will be, let us know xxx
  • Thanks for that. Im sure im worryin over nothing
  • no probs, thats what we are all here for xx
  • i know after your first they hardly see you.when i was having my son i saw midwife reguarly but this time i must have seen her about 4 times and im 34+2 weeks xxxx
  • yeah, i think it's bad that they do that, i've hardly built a relationship with my mw at all but i did with my last one xx